diy solar

diy solar

keeping lithium batteries is small refrigerator

cwilken

Im considering storing my homemade powerwall battery outside my house in a mini refrigerator at about 60 degrees. Does anyone do this? Is there a way to keep moisture out?

Decent insulation. Should be easy to heat. Can't say for sure if it's totally air tight but it should be?

Ill for sure consider keeping your battery's in a mini fridge outside my house. heck, I'll even pay shipping. :)

How hot is your place? Is it really necessary? I need some insulation/heating to keep it above freezing in the garage in the winter.

How hot is your place? Is it really necessary? I need some insulation/heating to keep it above freezing in the garage in the winter.
That actually was what I thought he was doing. Just using an old dead fridge as an insulated enclosure.

I guess I see now that could go either way.

I made a coolroom panel enclosure for my entire system, and it is connected via insulated ducting to my residence.
I have a fan that draws air through the enclosure to keep the temperature between 5 and 30’C.
It is important to keep the electronics cool as well as the inverter.

With this setup i haven’t seen condensation. Temperature ranges from -7’C to +52’C.

I made a coolroom panel enclosure for my entire system, and it is connected via insulated ducting to my residence.
I have a fan that draws air through the enclosure to keep the temperature between 5 and 30’C.
It is important to keep the electronics cool as well as the inverter.

With this setup i haven’t seen condensation. Temperature ranges from -7’C to +52’C.
I have been contemplating this same type of setup for my place here in Florida. Have been thinking about using a shed from one of the big box stores and shoot the inside with foam, ducked to what we call our safe room which has a stand alone mini split AC. What type fan are you using?

I use a shuttered bathroom exhaust fan controlled by an inkbird temperature switch.

I like the inkbird switch ...very handy for building a system. Im thinking about an insulated dorm regrigerator to store my battery outside of my house. The problem is how to control condensation so the batteries dont get moist.

Back