diy solar

diy solar

Klein Tools Power units and Bluetti EB200?

Rocksnsalt

Solar Enthusiast
Came across this Klein Tools power unit recently. Have not seen any reviews on this but it looks like a decent product and I love the rubber bumpers, top storage, and air filter setup. These seem near ideal for low demand van life or short duration construction use on the daily. It’d be great if they came up with a 3000 or 4000watt unit next. And while I‘m dreaming how about expandable with modular battery that latches to the mother unit, like the Titan.

Also, the Bluetti EB200 seemed to appear out of nowhere. Haven’t seen any company propaganda, or youtube reviews etc.
It looks to be a lesser model than the ac200max, but I do like the form.
Anybody have experience with either?

Last edited:
It looks like the EB200 I see is marketed by an outfit called MillerTech and is manufactured by PowerOak/Bluetti and licensed to be sold under the MillerTech label. Looking at the specs, it seems to be more or less identical to the AC200P.

It looks like the EB200 I see is marketed by an outfit called MillerTech and is manufactured by PowerOak/Bluetti and licensed to be sold under the MillerTech label. Looking at the specs, it seems to be more or less identical to the AC200P.
Yes I saw all that too, pretty similar specs. Seems odd no Bluetti marketing propaganda etc. though, since their name is on it. Have to wonder why create another near identical product in a different case.
Possible they are experimenting with marketing to have a more “American industrial” sounding brand to see what happens.
But the case isn’t very industrial as compared to the Klein Tools unit (which I really like the design of, just needs to be more robust).
And no mention if the “MillerTech” Bluetti EB200 is expandable so I’m guessing it’s not.

Yes I saw all that too, pretty similar specs. Seems odd no Bluetti marketing propaganda etc. though, since their name is on it. Have to wonder why create another near identical product in a different case.
Possible they are experimenting with marketing to have a more “American industrial” sounding brand to see what happens.
But the case isn’t very industrial as compared to the Klein Tools unit (which I really like the design of, just needs to be more robust).
And no mention if the “MillerTech” Bluetti EB200 is expandable so I’m guessing it’s not.
It's not all that unusual for some manufacturers to contract with other companies to rebrand the same manufactured goods under another label. As far as other things go, the AC200P can be had on Amazon for $1599 where this unit is $1799, so unless you're willing to pay $200 more for red, why not just buy an AC200P? IF this is the same unit as the AC200P, it should also be able to take one external battery with the appropriate (purchased) cable from Bluetti, but even that isn't certain. Bottom line is, this is legit though I don't know why someone would buy it for $200 more than a Bluetti unit. Again, unless they love red so much that they are willing to pay through the nose for it.

It is very similar to the newer version of the AC200P which uses LFP cells. The old one used NMC cells and thus had a much shorter cycle life. I'm not sure why Bluetti decided to make such similar models.

I am currently testing one for a review video for my channel. If anyone has anything specific they want to see tested let me know.

The advantages of the MillerTech licensed one would be US based support, much better warranty, and the cool red color of the case :) If anyone has worked with Bluetti through Amazon or directly you know that there is a lot to be desired from a support and warranty standpoint. Despite their claims about having offices in the United States, all of their staff that I have worked with in the past and all of their support is in China. I have reviewed two of their power stations in the past with different "handlers" and it is annoying to only be able to get responses in the middle of the night.

It's not all that unusual for some manufacturers to contract with other companies to rebrand the same manufactured goods under another label. As far as other things go, the AC200P can be had on Amazon for $1599 where this unit is $1799, so unless you're willing to pay $200 more for red, why not just buy an AC200P? IF this is the same unit as the AC200P, it should also be able to take one external battery with the appropriate (purchased) cable from Bluetti, but even that isn't certain. Bottom line is, this is legit though I don't know why someone would buy it for $200 more than a Bluetti unit. Again, unless they love red so much that they are willing to pay through the nose for it.

I can't disagree too strongly with any of that. But both units are 100% Bluetti. MillerTech just has an exclusive license on the EB200 for a few years where Bluetti won't compete against them. I'm not sure why they do that but they harrassed MillerTech long enough to say yes to bringing in a shipment of these.

I can hook someone up with the heavy discount if you want one of the EB200's. Just ping me.

I forgot to mention in those posts, also, that there were problems with the AC200 (which was Lion cells) so they swapped the cells to LFP and renamed it to the AC200P but did not change the software at all. So you can see in Will's video and others that the AC200P has some issues with capacity percentage and other artifacts from the wrong software. They also shoehorned the LFP cells in there so if you open it up you would not be impressed with how things are set up internally. The EB200 has new software specifically for LFP and the mold for the case was redesigned to allow the proper space for LFP cells. This is all verified information that Bluetti told MillerTech.

If anyone cares, I reviewed the EB200 for my Youtube channel and tried to clear up some of the confusion:

Just dropped the price on these to $1450 with free shipping. Best price you will find on the EB200.

Ouch. I could build a whole decent small system including panels for that dough. I must not get paid enough.

Yes, you can always DIY for cheaper. But you and I are the exception, not the rule. 99.9% of people out there not on this forum would rather buy something pre-packaged that works out of the box with a warranty than try to do something themselves.

Ouch. I could build a whole decent small system including panels for that dough. I must not get paid enough.
Would your >2000wh system that cost less be instantly portable and in a aesthetic contained package in the 65lbs range?
Wireless charging and all the other outputs etc?

Would you be able to ship it easily in a nice sturdy double box system, have all the required instructions/ legal stuff, and provide warranty service?

Reactions: Ely
aesthetic contained package in the 65lbs range
If that’s the goal go for it
you fuck something up on your home brew build and burn down your house
im not scared of my work. I’ve been doing 12V installs on boats, some RVs, construction trailers, and jeeps for 25+ years. I don’t have manufacturing dependency syndrome.
If one isnot able to utilize this site for adequate workmanship and information then diy isn’t for them. Bluetthi or not, a lot of solar panels as mentioned can kill you dead no recovery. Once you pass that level of competency of plugging in solar panels safely and without dieing, then the Guidance on this site will let you safely assemble a small portable system on a hand truck or cart to come to work it’s up to you what you want to do.

im not scared of my work. I’ve been doing 12V installs on boats, some RVs, construction trailers, and jeeps for 25+ years. I don’t have manufacturing dependency syndrome.
If one isnot able to utilize this site for adequate workmanship and information then diy isn’t for them. Bluetthi or not, a lot of solar panels as mentioned can kill you dead no recovery. Once you pass that level of competency of plugging in solar panels safely and without dieing, then the Guidance on this site will let you safely assemble a small portable system on a hand truck or cart to come to work it’s up to you what you want to do.
My point is your talking about 2 different things.
One is portable, attractive, and average consumer ready. Yours would likely not be, but would be fine for you. All good.

Im not scared either. I have a small 12v home brew PV system running security lights and a few items around the yard. My career entails working on RF equipment that runs in the 1000s of volts and 1000s of watts RF.
I can be the best electrician in the world, but if a component i installed has any catastrophic failure, I'd prefer it not be my battle with the insurance company.

There isn't anything wrong with either approach. They both have pluses and minuses. Hopefully anyone can admit that and respect the other point of view.

Back