diy solar

diy solar

Label Maker

svetz

Works in theory! Practice? That's something else
Based on advice from the old forums (you know, a couple of days ago ;-) I went ahead and ordered this, I'll let you know how it works:

Capture.PNG

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    28.3 KB · Views: 16
Labeling seasoning is a side bonus application.

But OMG! You're a genius! I have to post this over on the general forums!

Reactions: rkw
What's wrong with your garlic? I think you need to replace that :LOL:

looks like granulated garlic to me?

Nice the label maker idea might help. I've had to label almost all the wiring under the dash in my RV. Wife let a rescue squirrel loose ti get exercise and the other just es-cop-aaad for a few days. They apparently enjoy a diet of wire insulation and silver flexible ducting...sigh

It arrived and it's pretty impressive with a ton of engineering in it. Labels are reasonable strong and the lettering doesn't rub off.

Pretty easy to see the price of the device is artificially low; I'm certain it's like ink-jets where they make the money in the label ribbons. It didn't come with an AC adapter, but really it's more useful as a portable device. Takes 6 AAA batteries (not included), might get rechargeable ones for it when the ones I put in die.

The ribbon adhered well, and the peel label on the back was split horizontally which both made it easy to peel and convenient to align the label before adhering. Haven't tried it on a lot of surfaces but seems okay. I'll post again if they start falling off after a year.

In pretty sure they make heat shrink tubing for Those?...maybe that’s what you are using?

I guess I'm just not prone to label addiction. So far I've printed exactly one label, "Test". After testing I trashed the label. Now it's sitting patiently waiting for me to start the next project.

I really like my Brady B21, it can print on 3/4" wide label tape and has all the special electrical symbols.

The Brother PTD210 has over a dozen electrical symbols and lots of pictographs. But, they're not on the keyboard, so you have to press "Symbol" and then navigate with the arrow keys. Not hard to do, but would never have known how if HighTechLab hadn't made me curious!

Here's a link if anyone is interested: https://download.brother.com/welcome/docp100136/ptd210_use_ug_d0123w001_02.pdf

damn YOU! Now i have label maker envy! I bought the handheld Brother PTH-110. it's a bit more compact when I'm tracing lines under the RV. Just thought it was more convenient size. It does a good job in that respect.

Mine has been a gift from the gods for my project figuring pretty much every wire under the dash in my RV and the taillights.

We do wild animal rescue & transport, had two disabled (one paraplegic & one with paralyzed for leg) squirrels pretty much raised from a month or two old... my darling wife decided each needed, ahem, exercise. so, she freed them one at a time. They pretty much chewed through 75% of under dash wires AND all of the flexible duct for furnace...sigh...of course none of the wires in question match color, connector....those with intact labels didn't matter because only way to pair them is one wire at a time....awwwwkkkk!

Last edited:
I really like my Brady B21, it can print on 3/4" wide label tape and has all the special electrical symbols.
WOW! The Cadillac of label makers. I could have used that couple decades ago when i was still doing networks. VERY NICE!

P-Touch!

About half way through my setup, I realized I'm old, and I have a label maker! You are officially old when you have a label maker and use it, and officially over the hill when you label your label maker, label maker!

(A Bunch of Labels)

I used to have one of those old dymo label makers that actually embossed the letters into the plastic tape. ? That was way back when people said “WTF is the internet?” Sounds like a fish catching gizmo. ?
They actually still sell them on Amazoon. LOL
32927053-7021-4F07-80B3-AF3275140ECA.png

@svetz Is the label maker still meeting your expectations? Have you used it anymore? :)

Actually, after reading some of the reviews on Amazon on that one I'm not sure I would go for that one..

@svetz Is the label maker still meeting your expectations? Have you used it anymore? :)

Actually, after reading some of the reviews on Amazon on that one I'm not sure I would go for that one..
I do still use it, seems to work well and I love the symbols. I've made a number of labels, but not sure how many.
I'll look at some of the negative comments and add my two cents...

... wastes tape...
Measured it on mine, there is ~1" of leader and trailer, I frequently snip it off. So that's true. There is a "chain print" that runs labels together, but I haven't used it.
71We0hqi7JL._SY88.jpg

...Comes with a small reel of tape...
When I got it, I also got a few spare rolls in various colors, still haven't used up the original.

No AC Adapter
True again. It takes 6 AAA batteries or 9V adapter (5.5 mm DC bayonette at a guess). But, the adapter was never important to me as I always planned to use it "on the go". Still on the original set of batteries. There was one comment about how the batteries were constantly drained, I suspect that was a defective unit or they set it down such that the on button was pressed. Saw the comment " Requires a NEGATIVE polarity power supply... otherwise seems like a fine label maker", but haven't used any adapter. The case shows the negative is the inside and positive is the outside.

...Every single time I use this machine I have to print each label two or more times before it finally comes out right....
Not my experience, every label comes out perfect first time for me.

... BROKE on my SECOND use...
I've dropped mine a couple of times once on gravel and once on tile. Still works okay for me.

The LCD display is extremely poor quality.... Very dim and poor contrast.
No problems with mine even in sunlight.

You have to wade through a litany of menus to "create" a label.
I just type, hit print, press the cut button. Symbols require scrolling.

I love these labels. They are durable even outdoors
They are nice ;- )
LED display is too small
Like 3 times bigger than the text on my phone.

the unit jams every time.
Never had a Jam, but also using their tape.

Well, hope that helps. If you get something different let us know about it!

Back