diy solar

diy solar

Labeling ideas for my system?

K8MEJ

Owner, Off-Grid Power Systems
I am building my off-grid RV solar system for my travel trailer. I have mounted my primary equipment to a 3/4" piece of poplar veneer plywood. It will be installed under the bed in the front bedroom. While it's not the nicest looking project, I am trying to be neat and tidy. Here are a couple of pictures before I start wiring things up:

IMG_5305.jpeg

IMG_5310.jpeg

The four left-most switches are for battery banks 1-4. The the next two switches control large MPPT connection to bus bars and DC output to coach via the Smart Battery Connect (which will use the camper's existing master cutoff as a remote switch. The switches on the far right are between roof PV's and MPPT (top switch) and 2-way switch between inverter/charger and bus bars and also via the power resistor and the inverter/charger to pre-charge the caps in the MultiPlus.

My question: How would you label each switch and component? I have a Dymo label maker, but that seems a little cheap looking. I don't want to spend a ton of money on labeling, but surely there is something better than a label maker but less hassle than sending it out for silk screening :)

What would you suggest?

Thanks!

You already have a Dymo, but can it use clear tape? Brother makes one that can produce black print or white print on clear tape, plus a variety of colored tapes. To look good it would need a smooth surface, which plywood isn't.

That's a good question. I will look up my model number and see what options it has. Thanks.

why are there so many shut offs?

Laser engraving - have it done on 1/8" thick Baltic birch plywood (plastic, etc) then just glue or screw to the board.

Back