diy solar

diy solar

Lanolin based Lanox MX4 as a NoAlox / Ox-Guard alternative

Simi 60

I haven't seen lanolin discussed here as protection for freshly cleaned alloy terminals
I could pay $25 for a tiny tube of ox gard or, as I already have 5 litres of Lanox MX4 on board could I not use that?
It sounds to me that it will do the same

Thoughts?

We already have dozens of tubes of different stuff aboard, most are at throw out stage with only a fraction being used and am trying to put a stop to that.
I bought the Lanox as it seems to be one product for 100 jobs and for the last 5 years, it has been.

INOX-MX3 lubricant (LANOX-MX4 for the more extreme climatic condition areas) stops electrolysis between aluminium and stainless steel, keeps fibre optic cable connectors corrosion and moisture free
Use LANOX-MX4 to protect against moisture and corrosion, refrigeration unit circuits and cable connectors and plugs used in sea, road and rail containers, warehouse cold rooms and freezing works. Helps prevent short circuit arcing and earth leakage

No comments?

After further looking into this perhaps not as it seems part of the reason for using the other products seems to be extra conductivity.

LANOX is non-conductive, non-static & non-corrosive

Back