diy solar

diy solar

Large 3 phase capacitor

Majkhands

I have 3 used GE P/N65L815TA1 25 KVR 480v 3 phase capacitors. They are in my collection. I would like to incorporate them into my off grid solar array to some advantage like the initial powering up refrigerators/freezers taking the load off my Gander 4000/8000 watt 12v inverter.
It may be best to resell them or create a 3 phase system for industrial equipment I have about.
Suggestions?

This might be relevant:

The guy is creating a 2nd phase with a electrical device, then using those two phases to spin a big three phase motor - from which the third phase is taken to power other devices. I'd imagine you might be able to work some large capacitors (and maybe a big flywheel on the motor) into such a system to help with start-up surge.

These three phase capacitors are just oil-foil caps similar to run capacitors used in single phase motors to provide phase shift for starter/auxilary winding. Similar to what you find in a typical central air conditioner.

These particular capacitors are typically used for power factor correction of a 5-10 HP three phase motor.

They are likely three capacitors in the 80 uFd. range, wired for parallel operation to a three phase AC source.

Not much use for relieving startup surge for refrig/freezer.

Back