diy solar

diy solar

Last panels going up today.

Easy?
I don't know who told you that.
My back is already regretting future plans. lol
All the up and down today has my back thinking I've lost my mind today, but it still feels good. I had a manlift last time and we had to take them up in the basket two panels at a time. PITA. But I got tired of fixing the damn manlift every other time I used it so I sold it. My neighbor has a metal building business and mentioned I could borrow his lift. Holy cow, it was much easier. Had all the panels up there in like 20 minutes.

Now I gotta order the batteries. I just got an email today that SS is doing $200 flat rate shipping so I'll probably do that rather than drive the three plus hours there. I'd kinda like to see their facility but I don't feel like sitting in the truck for 7 hours and burning $100 worth of diesel.

A telehandler is handy. That pollen is a thing. I’ve thought of trying rain-x. Or some little wick glued to the edge to get the water to drain off.

Sig solar? Hope it works out.

That genie probably made things magical...
34 with degenerative disk disease, I'm screwed as a get younger... Inversion table and TENs has worked wonders for me so far, if you don't have one I highly recommend one if your back hurts worse than getting hit in the sack. A few trips to the chiropractor / therapist every couple years for some adjustments and to get strapped into a traction table is amazing as well.

The install looks great. ?? ??

Looks awesome! What racking did you use for mounting them to the metal roof?
S-5 made for the R panel roofing. They make it for other styles of metal roof as well. They work great.

You can see them here where we were installing the mounts. We installed all the mounts first and left them loose then just slid the panels in and tightened them down. I used the clips that clip on the panels for wire management and the clamp on grounding lugs on each panel.

Here's where I got the mounts -

A telehandler is handy. That pollen is a thing. I’ve thought of trying rain-x. Or some little wick glued to the edge to get the water to drain off.

Sig solar? Hope it works out.
Fingers crossed. I've had no complaints so far but I bought my inverters from Ian at watts247. Seems like panels and batteries don't have the issues that come up with inverters.

I have seen a chyropractor for the last 15 years.
Once a month. It's the only reason I can still move.
I've had mixed results from chiropractors. I had a great one years ago. He actually ended up taking over as the dean of the chiropractic college in Houston/Pasadena. Since him, not so much. The last one I went to was all about trying to sell me a bunch of crap equipment or herbal stuff or constantly asking if I snore because they all seem to sell sleep disorder treatments anymore. I think 90% is a scam. I have had some luck with the TENS machine that @42OhmsPA mentioned but I need to buy a new one. My old one died years ago and I never replaced it.

The s-5 were perfect for my r panel roof. I stumbled into using Heyco glands on the rising edge of the r panel rib for penetration of the wires through the roof and hiding under the low profile of the s-5/panels.

heyco31-13.png

I have had some luck with the TENS machine that @42OhmsPA mentioned but I need to buy a new one. My old one died years ago and I never replaced it.
This one has been great since July of 21(price went up $7 since then), don't forget the conductive gel...

NURSAL Dual Channel EMS TENS Unit 24 Modes Muscle Stimulator for Pain Relief & Muscle Strength with 14 Pads, Rechargeable TENS Machine Pulse Massager with Storage Pouch/Pads Holder/Lanyard/Cable Ties https://a.co/d/3bs13lK

Best part is it can be recharged for free ?

Edit - if my chiropractor weren't a friend from high school I would have probably never went... Woke up one morning and literally crawled / pulled myself to the shower, that's when I asked for / sought help

Back