diy solar

diy solar

Last panels going up today.

And sometimes there is the 3 AM "aha" moment. Hopefully it is something simple. Glad you are making progress!
Yeah, I've had those middle of the night epiphanies all my life. Pretty often it's the solution, too. Funny how the brain works.

I don't know what it is but I can pretty much guarantee I'll get it figured out. It's not really a problem at this point - I just want my data to be correct. I'm so happy to have the extra panels and batteries installed and running that something like this is not going to ruin my day! Not even close. ?

Well, sure enough, Pierre came back to me with the solution to the missing data this morning. When you have 4 strings of panels on two of the LV6548 (and probably other inverters) you have to have a second physical connection to the second inverter. I added a second cable and it still didn't work. Did a little digging and there's one additional setting you have to change. On the Configuration page under inverter it adds the second USB port when you connect the second cable. Note: it takes a few minutes for it to show up. It wasn't showing up so I kept messing with it. Then while I was trying to figure out if it was something else the second USB port popped up. When you get that you hold the Ctrl key and select the second USB port then save it. And presto, it's reading all the strings now!

1679923213116.png

1679923274134.png

Had I been on my toes, there was actually a warning on one of the config screens down at the bottom that I need to add another cable for complete data. I'm not sure how I missed that. Must be the geriatric thing. Ugh. :LOL:

Back