diy solar

diy solar

latest Air Breeze seller

e67

I see that the old style mini turbine that's been around for decades is still around and being sold by Primus. Those old turbines which SW Wind used to sell in the 80s were mostly worthless and cheaply made. I was wondering if they ever redesigned them so they actually work and are worth buying...?
They used to sell for a few hundred....what do you know...?

I see that the old style mini turbine that's been around for decades is still around and being sold by Primus. Those old turbines which SW Wind used to sell in the 80s were mostly worthless and cheaply made. I was wondering if they ever redesigned them so they actually work and are worth buying...?
They used to sell for a few hundred....what do you know...?
Honest question: Are you looking for something that's going to reliably contribute energy to your system or point into the wind and spin? Oh yeah... it will make some serious noise in wind speeds above 20 mph so there's that fun feature. TIC

I've not been around the Primus version of this model but I've been around many of it predecessors (plural). None of them can escape the physics of wind which is that this tiny turbine assuming it works perfectly (it won't) and never breaks down (it will) will be lucky to make 20 kWH per month.

There's a bunch of knock offs on Amazon and Aliexpress that would be just as much fun for 2/3rd less money.

Funny, I was just going to ask a question about my Air breeze.
It's working fine and a good complement to solar panels on a boat because if it's not sunny it's usually windy.
Don't know how old mine is, someone was giving it away at an anchorage in the keys a couple years ago. It's ugly because the paint is flaking off , actually it's mostly gone.
They couldn't get it to work. I believe I did a comuntator run in on it maybe tightened some stuff inside and cleaned the brushes, I've been using it ever since.
My question was if there's a simple way to increase it's charging voltage?
This one was built for led acid batteries, I'm using it with Lithium on the boat.
I've ran the adjustment all the way up so I figure I'll have to go inside and do some poking around, just thought someone else may know what I'll need to do.

I have yet to find a 2 to 3 kW turbine that is economical and robust. There are a few in Germany, but they're super expensive so not very economical.

Back