diy solar

diy solar

Leoch Power Generator 2048Wh Capacity, 2000watt inverter $1059 USD

DASH

Solar Enthusiast
Leoch is offering a 2048Wh (LiFePO4) Capacity, 2000W AC Output Generator through Indiegogo at a Super Early Bird Special Price of $1,059 USD (Special Price wouldn't last much longer). I'm not particularly recommending it, but thought some of You would find it interesting and may like it. I have a Bluetti AC200 and so far I am very happy with it. The primary advantage of Leoch's product over the Bluetti AC200 is the battery capacity and that the battery uses the LiFePO4 chemistry. This is Leoch's first attempt at creating a solar generator, and many of the specs of the Leoch is not as good as what the AC200 has to offer. The weight of the Lecoch at 70lbs also concerns me, as the AC200 at 50lbs is pretty much the max I would like to haul around, but the Leoch's current price is attractive. You can go to this website for further information.

300W of solar input is pretty crippling for that battery capacity. Solar input becomes the limiting factor, i.e., 2kWh of battery capacity has a good chance of providing indefinite running of a typical residential refrigerator. Unfortunately, unless you live in an area with exceptional sun (Phoenix, AZ with perfect sun in the summer), the 300W of charging won't be able to keep up.

If you wrangled up a 20A DC-DC converter with ~18VDC input and 12V output powered by a 150W panel, you could probably make it work by squeezing that extra 150W if it allows multiple source charging (seems to).

300W of solar input is pretty crippling for that battery capacity. Solar input becomes the limiting factor, i.e., 2kWh of battery capacity has a good chance of providing indefinite running of a typical residential refrigerator. Unfortunately, unless you live in an area with exceptional sun (Phoenix, AZ with perfect sun in the summer), the 300W of charging won't be able to keep up.

If you wrangled up a 20A DC-DC converter with ~18VDC input and 12V output powered by a 150W panel, you could probably make it work by squeezing that extra 150W if it allows multiple source charging (seems to).
Good Points, and as a side note, I do live in Phoenix, Az. :)

Compared to the Bluetti AC200 the Leoch comes up as inferior.
Oh I agree. The AC200 is leaps ahead of it and it is innovative. The Leoch didn't impress me. Having said that there will always be one company trying to outdo the other. The AC200 can and will be beat. It's just a question of who and when. But it won't be Leoch...not with their first model.

According to Leoch:
Dear friends, The pre-production units for LEOCH have already been shipped to some credible reviewers, including William Prowse, HOBOTECH, Silver Cymbal Productions, EBPMAN Tech Reviews, and Maxx Powell. Once it's out on YouTube, we'll post it here and also in the Facebook group.

I wonder if Will already received the unit to do teh test and also do the teardown.

I have been watching these "generators" for a while now and have not managed to actually observe any power generation. Not a Watt....

Compared to the Bluetti AC200 the Leoch comes up as inferior.
Well, it delivered 2077wh compared to the AC 200s 1234wh. With a more thermally stable battery with a longer lifespan (by 500-1000 cycles, and...it has multiple quick charge outlets. Now, if that horrible blue light goes away and that beep volume is reduced by, oh maybe 90%, it'll be quite the unit. I do hope they up the charge rate but I don't need it. I can run my iceco for 24 hours, throw out 200w of panels for a few hours a day (2-3) and my AC200 ends the day with more power than it started with.

After watching Hobotech's review I was impressed with the capacity and the fact the inverter was able to carry on at 2000 watts. The beeping was really annoying. And the slow charge rate isn't that great. But I love the UPS feature and that seemed to work well. It uses LifePo4 chemistry so there is no more that needs to be said from me about that. For a prototype I thought all in all it was pretty good. It does need some tweaking. It will be interesting to see what the final outcome of this product is. I was surprised at how big the unit is and it is heavy at 70 pounds. As of now I don't get the feeling it is inferior to any of the other solar chargers. It all depends on what one's needs are. It's great to see some more innovation and competition. What appeals to me the most is the addition of what is needed for these things to be used as a true UPS. The Leoch has accomplished that as have a couple of other solar generators that I know of.

While the ups is not the reason I bought one. I've spent enough time in the Hobotech and Bluetti Facebook groups to know that a lot people are looking, almost exclusively, for the ups function because of storm related outages. I actually wish I could help Leoch market to that group because I believe it is ideal for those folks.

New update announced from Leoch in indigogo @ https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/...ntent=link&utm_campaign=7911559c#/updates/all

"600W AC Input & 600W Solar Input Achieved
(900W Power Input Maximum)

We heard your voice and made this improvement without sacrificing the reliability, safety or battery life of LEOCH. A new 28V/10A external charger input (external 300W power supply) port is added.

Now there are three independent ways to charge the LEOCH power station, including:

300W AC input,
300W external charger,
300W solar input. "

Last edited:
Mine arrived damaged. The case was cracked at multiple points. The look and feel of the unit is very low in quality

I was not motivated to review it. I would not let anyone that I know buy this unit.
Yeah, but, but, but, it's a 20+ year old company with over a billion dollars in annual sales!!!
Lolz
Pretty pathetic that they are having to make so many changes to a badly speced, designed and made prototype.
It's almost like they know nothing about the solar generator market.

Back