diy solar

diy solar

Lesser evil. Replace one 12v battery in a 4s arrangement.

What do you think is the lesser evil ?

• Get another brand, same type (gel, hard to find), more amps 100~120Ah

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Get another brand, same type (gel, hard to find), less amps 65~75Ah

• Get another brand, different type (AGM, not as hard to find), more amps 100~120Ah

• Get another brand, different type (AGM, not as hard to find), less amps 65~75Ah

• Total voters

WoodsieLord

Buenos Aires, Argentina (230V monophasic, 50Hz)
I have two problems.
- One of them is that I have 4x 12V alphacell 165GXL batteries in series (48V) and one of them failed. They should be new and I barely used them except for testing. No warranty, I'm afraid.
- Second, I live in Argentina (rank 149 out of 180 in economic freedom).

I can't get the same battery model (nor any other with same capacity) anywhere in my country. Batteries are expensive and I can't afford four new different batteries to replace the string!.
so... what do you think?

I have two problems.
- One of them is that I have 4x 12V alphacell 165GXL batteries in series (48V) and one of them failed. They should be new and I barely used them except for testing. No warranty, I'm afraid.

I can't get the same battery model (nor any other with same capacity) anywhere in my country. Batteries are expensive and I can't afford four new different batteries to replace the string!.
so... what do you think?
I thi
I have two problems.

so... what do you think?
For me, it wouldbe one or two with your capacity needs driving more...or less

i would find another with similar capacity rating and similar charging float and absorb charge voltages...and call it a day.
i am having a similar challenge as well. thinking of mixing fla and smf to make a bank of 48v, though would not equalize so as not to dry out the smfs...wish me luck!

Back