diy solar

diy solar

Let's find out what ChatGPT AI thinks

Asking chapGPT about itself gets very accurate responses, like calling itself a machine learning algorithm or something. Follow up questions can help get a more specific answer; it seems to start very basic.

Asking about travel destinations can be very time saving but best to confirm things when making final decisions I think. Most of the information requested needs to be older than a few years. It can save time with increased understanding. It does have significant limitations.

I've been reading that things like ChatGPT will be soon replacing search engines like Google. It already does a damn good job with the old information it has. It doesn't have 100% up to the minute information, it is something like 12 or 18 months behind.

I've been reading that things like ChatGPT will be soon replacing search engines like Google. It already does a damn good job with the old information it has. It doesn't have 100% up to the minute information, it is something like 12 or 18 months behind.
As long as it has everything available to it and doesn’t have negative weighted decision making on things it’s creators deem Subversive or Non PC.

If it gives true results based upon all the information available then fine otherwise it’s no different.

I was looking at it earlier when I asked it some questions about AGM batteries:

and

I also asked these questions:
Screen Shot 2023-01-31 at 1.27.47 pm.png

It had a nice natural language response to a question about a local news item:

Screen Shot 2023-01-31 at 1.30.47 pm.png

It's certainly got some neat capability.

I watch some youtube videos while at work and slow, I came across this where they used it to build a custom PC and it walks him through almost every step. It does a surprisingly good job. Linus is also a good host and I get some good laughs from him

They will continue to add newer, more recent info and data to it, that part is easy.

ChatGPT gave me a clearly false answer regarding the taking of skunks in New Mexico. I gave feedback to correct it; that is one way to improve this timesaver (for some queries).

I don't understand why people have a problem with "woke". All it means is one is aware of societal issues and, typically, injustices. Not sure what the problem with being woke is.
That is a naive assessment of woke.
Maybe originally way back when first came about that was the definition.

It’s a cancer.
It feeds upon itself.
Nothing is ever good enough.
Nothing is ever satisfactory.
No law or societal norm can be left standing in the face of woke.

It’s all Patriarchal or Racist or something.

There is no appeasement of woke.

When there is nothing left of it’s opposition it will eat itself.

Last edited:
I don't understand why people have a problem with "woke". All it means is one is aware of societal issues and, typically, injustices. Not sure what the problem with being woke is.
It refers to political correctness and given the sharp divisions in US politics these days it's a "hot button" issue best avoided.
Easy for me - I'm Canadian! Lol

It refers to political correctness and given the sharp divisions in US politics these days it's a "hot button" issue best avoided.
Easy for me - I'm Canadian! Lol
I guess it's a (mis)appropriation of a fairly benign term to be used in a pejorative manner.

Here's (Australia) it's a term mostly bandied about by nut jobs. When you hear anyone here throwing out the word "woke" it's a decent indicator they are either an idiot, and/or a dog whistling (failed) politician or apologist for one.

Cultural differences eh? I'll leave it then.

I guess it's a (mis)appropriation of a fairly benign term to be used in a pejorative manner.

Here's (Australia) it's a term mostly bandied about by nut jobs. When you hear anyone here throwing out the word "woke" it's a decent indicator they are either an idiot, and/or a dog whistling (failed) politician or apologist for one.

Cultural differences eh? I'll leave it then.
....and people who believe in "woke" sooner or later resort to name calling

Back