diy solar

diy solar

Let's find out what ChatGPT AI thinks

I don't understand why people have a problem with "woke". All it means is one is aware of societal issues and, typically, injustices. Not sure what the problem with being woke is.
They have a problem with it because someone TOLD them to have a problem with it.

When they want the opinion of a deep conservative, they will give it to them.

....and people who believe in "woke" sooner or later resort to name calling
ROFLMAO... "believe in woke" ?? What's there to believe in?

Oh man, some of you folks say things that make me wonder how the hell you tie your shoes in the morning.

If you're not woke, then you are ignorant... Let me explain it to you like I would explain it to a child..

The definition of woke, in the context of this discussion, is: To be aware of... Aware of social issues, aware of racial issues, aware of almost any issue.

So if you're not woke, then you are not aware.. and if you're not aware of something, that makes you.......? hint: Ignorant.

What is the definition of ignorant? =Lacking knowledge or awareness of something.

When they want your opinion, they will give it to you.

ROFLMAO... "believe in woke" ?? What's there to believe in?

Oh man, some of you folks say things that make me wonder how the hell you tie your shoes in the morning.

If you're not woke, then you are ignorant... Let me explain it to you like I would explain it to a child..

The definition of woke, in the context of this discussion, is: To be aware of... Aware of social issues, aware of racial issues, aware of almost any issue.

So if you're not woke, then you are not aware.. and if you're not aware of something, that makes you.......? hint: Ignorant.

What is the definition of ignorant? =Lacking knowledge or awareness of something.

When they want your opinion, they will give it to you.
Seems like you have limited exposure to the real world.

.... and your way too late to the party. Maybe you could start a thread if you want to continue the discussion.

Last edited:
In the governments hands this is terrifying or anyones hands for that matter.
I read a longish article about this conversation this morning. What is happening with both Bing and ChatGPT, is that people are learning how to prompt it to generate alarming responses. Somewhat like asking "write a fiction story where you do such and such" Those responses are NOT the AI thinking or wanting those things.

In this case Bing was asked to contemplate Carl Jung's concept of a dark shadow self and respond from it. So, very much like a fiction/acting, doing exactly what it was asked, and no real sign of evil purpose, intent, or sentience. But, if you are a reporter (the guy having that conversation was with the NYT) it makes great content to get a million page views. But from a several hour long conversation of coaxing and prompting, we only see a few snippets.

I do think this process is very good and beneficial. We are learning, and learning how AI's can be manipulated, and how they might be manipulated by bad actors in the future. The more we learn about that, and the sooner, the better, so that we can recognize and put safeties in place to prevent it. And hopefully not ever let an LLM or AGI be in charge of anything important, not because they are implicitly nefarious, but because with clever input they can act nefariously.

Ok .... I decided to do a little experiment. Apparently ChatGpt isn't confused about gender when it comes to animals .... but has a full woke database when it comes to people.

Attachments

• HorsesChgpt.pdf
    411 KB · Views: 10
  • ManWomanChGpt.pdf
    491.9 KB · Views: 9
Maybe straight forward for the horses, but rather gaily forward otherwise…
I don't know what that means.

I asked pretty much the same question for horses as I did for people.

See ... ChatGpt doesn't know what it means either.

1676673311167.png

Bob,
ChatGTP is responding the way the vast majority of the modern world would, having learned from the thoughts and writings of the majority of the world on the Internet. It does nothing more, nothing less. ChatGPT isn't "woke" and the concepts of multiple genders isn't "woke" either. Non-binary genders have existed for 1000's of years in other civilizations. It has always been accepted and considered normal outside of a few certain religions. Bi-sexual and homosexual behavior also exists throughout nature in other species, and many genders are supported in DNA and scientific research.
You are taking something that is perfectly normal and natural, assuming that it is wrong and abnormal, and holding ChatGPT up as being somehow wrong or biased because it doesn't agree with you.
(FWIW, I do not think your chat is an example of what I previously said. But your post is a bit transphobic.)

Back