diy solar

diy solar

LF280K Cell Dimensions

Autocol

Hi All,

I recently did an order with Shenzhen Luyuan for 16 280AH (LF280K) cells.

So far everything has been great with the process, and I have been very pleased with Amy’s customer service.

I am now at the point of the long wait for the batteries to be delivered from China to Canada. While waiting I was hoping to print out enclosures for all the batteries. It is going to take about 3 weeks of steady printing to get all 16 done. I have attached a photo of the first one (top and bottom) that I have printed so far.

Since I don’t have any of the cells yet I cannot confirm that my 3d models are perfectly sized. Shenzhen Luyuan has the cell size details on their site but I am concerned that the specs may be old and may not match exactly what I getting. I am hoping that someone who has received cells from Shenzhen Luyuan recently could confirm the measurements. The height, width, depth and the distance from the sides to the terminals.

Any assistance would be most appreciated.

Thanks, Eric.

Attachments

• 20211018_165101.jpg
    20211018_165101.jpg
    349.2 KB · Views: 19
Be aware that there is a tolerance given in the specification sheet; there may be some slight variance between cells.
I've got some LF280K's here, I will get some measurements taken with a simple measuring tape-- if you need higher accuracy, you should seek another source.

I've got :
8-1/16" tall (excluding terminals; this is just the height of the rectangular boxxy part of the cell),
6-7/8" wide,
2-13/16" thick

Thanks - That is almost exactly what I printed. I should be able sand or shim any slight deviations.

My busbar channels are 1-3/16" wide and start 1" in from the end. Would you be able to measure the distance from the end of the cell to the middle of a terminal post?

Its about exactly an inch from the narrow edge of the cell to the center of the terminal. See my crappy picture I have attached just to be sure that we're talking about the same thing

Attachments

• lf280k measurements.jpg
    lf280k measurements.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 5
That helps a lot. It looks like my 3d model is using the LF280N spec instead of the LF280K dimensions. I will update the design and start printing the modified enclosures.

Thanks so much for verifying this.

Hi , LF280K dimensions L173*W72*H207mm

Attachments

• EVE 3.2V 280AH LiFePO4  LFP  Battery Cells With 6000 Cycle Life  Genuine Brand New Grade A (14).jpg
    EVE 3.2V 280AH LiFePO4 LFP Battery Cells With 6000 Cycle Life Genuine Brand New Grade A (14).jpg
    235.4 KB · Views: 16
The 280K datasheet says L174

There is a small difference between the N and K models. Mainly the terminals are different (center is 99 vs 123mm between poles)

1638356314225.png

Compared to the old 280N cells which had the terminals closer to the center:
Note the difference between lengt en height also (but they are about idential - the marging varies between the n and k, so in the end they probably will fit)
1638356352742.png

Back