diy solar

diy solar

LFeLi-48200TB BMS faulty?

promise2k

Hi Guys

i have 1 Leoch battery LFeLi-48200TB. according to the spec sheet its suppose to be 100AH, but on the BMS its showing 30.8AH. although the load we put on the battery is consistent with a 100AH capacity battery, im still bothered why it still shows 30AH. any pointers?

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-01-01 at 1.59.10 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-01-01 at 1.59.10 PM.jpeg
    145.6 KB · Views: 35
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-01-01 at 1.59.10 PM (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-01-01 at 1.59.10 PM (1).jpeg
    137.6 KB · Views: 34
Welcome to the forum.

"load we put on the battery is consistent with a 100Ah capacity battery." Load and capacity aren't directly related. Are you saying you put a 100A load on it?

I find no evidence of LFeLi-48200TB battery, only LFeLi-48200T.

The battery is actually a 200Ah battery.

I would expect a unit like this to dynamically adjust its capacity, i.e., as it ages and wears, it recalculates its available capacity.

Did you purchase a used battery?

yes its
Welcome to the forum.

"load we put on the battery is consistent with a 100Ah capacity battery." Load and capacity aren't directly related. Are you saying you put a 100A load on it?

I would expect a unit like this to dynamically adjust its capacity, i.e., as it ages and wears, it recalculates its available capacity.

im sorry i made a typo in the title, its 100 instead of 200.

yes its a used battery. the load we put on it at night, and calculating the hours of the load it brings about 2.4kwh/night that we use during the night. and battery in the morning is at about between 45-50% remaining charge. so this would be consistent with a 100AH battery. if it were truly 30Ah X 48V = 1.4KwH it wouldn't last throughout the night.

So im just baffled why its reading 30AH instead of 100AH.

Ah. That makes more sense. Do you have an alternate means of establishing usage?

Have you confirmed the current on the display is correct?

Ah. That makes more sense. Do you have an alternate means of establishing usage?

Have you confirmed the current on the display is correct?
hi there

is there a software that i can use to read the BMS infor from my computer, maybe is i can find a software i can be able to see exaclty what the BMS is seeing, and that might lead me in the right direction.

As far as I know, there isn't generic BMS software that can talk to any BMS. If you are lucky, your BMS might have a common interface like modbus, but you'd have to know what values to pull from it.

I see there is a menu button and a reset button, have you explored those options to see what they do?

As far as I know, there isn't generic BMS software that can talk to any BMS. If you are lucky, your BMS might have a common interface like modbus, but you'd have to know what values to pull from it.

I see there is a menu button and a reset button, have you explored those options to see what they do?
Yes i have tried the reset button, but its just resets and brings back same values. i also ran the battery to 0% till it was out juice, to see if that might "reset" anything by chance, but nothing changed.

Since there is a RS232 port, you can try connecting a USB to serial cable to it and see if you can get into the BMS. From there, you might be able to change it. You can always just wire in your own BMS--$80 units from eBay are pretty capable as long as you aren't pull 100s of amps.

if anyone know and have called PbmsTools software, please share on this, i think this software can read BMS from Leoch lithium

hi there

is there a software that i can use to read the BMS infor from my computer, maybe is i can find a software i can be able to see exaclty what the BMS is seeing, and that might lead me in the right direction.
Hi Promise2k,
try Pbms Tools, to read the battery BMS

Welcome to the forum.

This looks VERY similar to a problem I'm having here:

I have no solution yet...

Back