diy solar

diy solar

LG Chem NCM 622 2020 Hyundai Ioniq 44kw pack help please.

ManxViking

Hi everyone,

I am a total and complete newbie to all of this and so I want to ask some questions and hope someone might be able to offer some advice on where to buy bits in the UK or even what I should be getting.
I have bought a complete battery pack from a 2020 Hyundai Ioniq. It consists of 2 large 72v packs, 3 48v packs and a weird flat pack of 48V ( 4 x 12v ).
These are the NCM 622 cells. After researching these are ok cells apparently? So long as you don't over stretch them from 0 to 100% constantly.

Anyway, my issues are as follows.

The 2 x 72v packs need to be made into 3 x 48v packs. The weird flat 4 x 12v pack needs to be reconfigured to match the other 3 48v packs. Thus giving me 7 packs at 48v. I thought having everything 48v would be a better solution than trying to understand how to build a bank with all these different voltage packs.
From research, the nominal minimum voltage should be 3v? and a fully charged cell should be 4v?

As I have stripped the metalwork from around the packs, I cannot actually see how to separate the cells? Can anyone advise please?

There are the cooling / heating channels/flat tubes are still attached. Are the pouches somehow glued to this cooling channel?

Can someone explain to me briefly what BMS I need to find for each of the 48V packs. I dont know how many individual cells are in each pack but would it be 13?
I am guessing that I will need an individual BMS for each pack? Id like to be able to see them on my phone or PC. Is this possible??

Lastly after fitting BMS's then I need to understand what type of charger I need?

In the new year i'm moving across to a cheap overnight electric rate so would be nice to make use of that as well as my 11kwh solar for a battery top up etc. as it barely does 3kwh per day with our current overcast dull days here. But that will be a while away yet.

ANY help would be really appreciated or a point in the right direction to speak to someone about this.

Many thanks,

David

I don’t know enough to be the guy to say this but, be careful. My understanding is that those packs can be dangerous for amateurs.

Sorry, I didnt have a photo. Just taken and hope you can see. Battery 1 is the 3 x 48v and the flat 4 x 12V and Battery 2 pic is the 2 x 72v packs

Attachments

• Battery 1.jpg
    Battery 1.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 17
  • battery 2.jpg
    battery 2.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 16
I don’t know enough to be the guy to say this but, be careful. My understanding is that those packs can be dangerous for amateurs.
Thanks......I think ANY lithium packs are dangerous which is why i'm here and not totally blindly getting into it :)

Hi guys. I've tried today to find any kind of info, is there no one who can help please?

Back