diy solar

diy solar

LG Smartdrive 36 Pole PMA

Slvrsky07

Hello all. I am in the process of building a smaller turbine to charge a 48v bank. I have wired it in the 2x6c configuration and spinning with a 300 rpm drill I get 120vAC across 2 phases unloaded and when rectified, I get 8.5 amps hooked to 24v batteries. I also did the capacitor mod and gained about half an amp. I have not tried connecting it to my 48v bank yet. The wind in my area is low speed but constant. My plan was to run 5, 4’ wooden blades and have it stay configured to the 2x6c wiring to get some output all the time.
Would a 5 blade and 6c configuration be wise? Or go with a 3x4c and 3 blades for higher current?
I see many videos of these PMAs outputting 16+ amps, what is the normal wattage output of these 36 pole PMAs?

Would removing the ceramic magnets and getting some stronger magnets create more flux and higher current?

When charging batteries, I planned on using a SSR connected to a voltage sensing relay but I do not understand why the dump load would be connected directly to the battery. Wouldn’t it be better to divert the PMA current to the dump and have the battery disconnected? It seems like otherwise it would draw from the battery unnecessarily. I also have my solar controller charging the batteries, the PMA is mostly to help when the solar is low.

Thank you!

Back