diy solar

diy solar

LiFeBlue 200AH

dvspl

I need to upgrade the 85AH FLA battery in my Class C motorhome and tenatively planning for 200AH LIFEPO4. I've learned a lot from reading this forum so would like to tap into the collective wisdom of the members. The motorhome was designed for two Group 24 batteries under the entry step. I'd like to stay within that footprint if I can, as that would preserve the outside storage compartments that I use for other items. I'm not sure that I have the technical expertise (or desire) to build a DIY solution so I'm looking for a plug and play solution. One possibility looks like the LB12200-HCLT 200AH battery from LiFeBlue (link to datasheet below). Does anybody have any experience with this company? Pros/cons/or other comments? Thanks in advance for your help!

You are upgrading a useable 40Ah lead battery for a useable 160Ah to 200Ah LFP battery with bluetooth that costs $1900.
Why such a big increase?
Bluetooth is another failure point.
Two 12V 100Ah batteries would give you redundancy over one 200Ah.
I need to upgrade the 85AH FLA battery in my Class C motorhome and tenatively planning for 200AH LIFEPO4. I've learned a lot from reading this forum so would like to tap into the collective wisdom of the members. The motorhome was designed for two Group 24 batteries under the entry step. I'd like to stay within that footprint if I can, as that would preserve the outside storage compartments that I use for other items. I'm not sure that I have the technical expertise (or desire) to build a DIY solution so I'm looking for a plug and play solution. One possibility looks like the LB12200-HCLT 200AH battery from LiFeBlue (link to datasheet below). Does anybody have any experience with this company? Pros/cons/or other comments? Thanks in advance for your help!

Why such a big increase?
Bluetooth is another failure point.
Two 12V 100Ah batteries would give you redundancy over one 200Ah.
The existing battery was original equipment when we bought the motorhome this summer. It's inadequate to get through a single night of boondocking, even without the furnace (biggest draw) running. Might be able to get away with a single 100AH battery but I'd like to put as much capacity as will fit into the existing space since that will give more boondocking flexibility.
I hadn't thought about Bluetooth as a potential failure point, that's a good thing for me to consider. I did think about the redundancy of one vs. two, but space under the step is very constrained and I've had a difficult time finding 100AH LIFEPO4 in Group 24 case size. This is one option that will fit.
Thanks also for the search results. I had searched for that before but probably haven't read those threads as carefully as I should.

From many rv forums the Lifeblue have been performing with no issues from reports over the past couple years. If I was going to do a dropin battery Lifeblue would be my choice.

In our RV, we've had our 600ah LifeBlue (3x200) installed for over 2 years now and it's worked flawlessly.

Thanks for all the replies and advice. After looking at several alternatives, I recently chose two Renogy 100AH Smart Lithium batteries. I decided that I don't really need the low temperature charging capability of the LifeBlue and the Renogy alternative is less expensive. They (just) fit in the existing battery bay and I prefer to have a hard wired monitor rather than the bluetooth app from LifeBlue.

Back