diy solar

diy solar

LiFeLPo4 Reviews. Trusted Suppliers/Brands to USA & Canada.

Topper

EVE 280 LiFePo4. No more lead in 2021
Would like some feedback on Prismatic cells. Let's keep it short n sweet for everyone.
Supplier/Brand name. (Aliexpress/Alibaba/Ebay/Luyuan/VariCore/Juneng)
Size/capacity.
As advertised?
Proper capacity?
Shipping cost good or bad
Recommended or RED FLAG??

I thank you all for contributing with your online experiences.
Like I said, try to keep it short. It'll make it easier for everyone in the future.
Much appreciated.
Topper

IMHO, these two are the leading trusted suppliers on this forum:

@Michael B Caro

Pricing is competitive and shipping is sane (though 7-8weeks is common sea freight).

Unfortunately, I can only offer a negative experience.
I bought 64 200Ah "new CALB" cells from Dongguan HuanHuan Energy Technology on Alibaba for about $8400 and they are well below rated capacity, about 165 Ah. There were a number of signs that they had been well used before purchase and the serial number tags do not indicate CALB batteries or that they were suitable for export to the US.
I had many conversations with Huanhuan Energy including with May Liu, the CEO and sales manager and they accepted no responsibility and offered no help at all.
I'd be happy to provide details but the bottom line is I strongly recommend against purchasing anything from Huanhuan Energy on Alibaba.

I wanted to post a positive experience regarding Bestgo batteries, from China. The one I have is a 400Ah 12V battery for an RV, which I bought after many detailed conversations with Tony of Bestgo to allay the suspicions I developed after my experience on Alibaba.
I finished capacity testing a couple days ago. With 10A charge rate, starting at 14.6V and terminating at 11.2V (2.8V/cell), the battery produced 430.6Ah capacity, (5.58 kWh) well above the stated 400Ah capacity even though not discharging to the lower limit of 2.5V.
I'm very impressed with the case and the entire fit/finish is excellent. The meter that comes on the unit was not very accurate (showing 9.16A while charging at 10A and showing 9.26 while discharging at 10A) and Tony explained that because these units are able to charge/discharge rapidly, the meter is good up to 200A so the accuracy suffers at lower charge/discharge rates.
Very happy with this purchase and wanted to let anybody know who is looking for a quality Chinese 12V LFP battery.
I have a screenshot of the capacity test and can provide this or the spreadsheet file if anybody wants it. I couldn't upload the screenshot here because the file type is unsupported.

I tried to put together a list of vendors with reviews from this forum in the link below. Hopefully, this helps anyone who is looking.

Back