diy solar

diy solar

LiFePo for turbine engine starting DIY

Well did you get your package of goodies yet???? Looking forward to your bat built and Starting video hehe!.

Just because I always try to err on the side of caution, I'd suggest that you ask your avionics guy about the voltage you plan to introduce into the system and ask about the max avionics voltage.
Keep in mind that I haven't touched an aircraft electrical system since 2005 so plenty of stuff has probably changed.
An aircraft 28-volt system utilized a 24-volt battery while the alternator's output is in the 28.2-28.8 volts range.
Same applies to 14-volt systems in aircraft. The starter battery is a 12-volt battery with a charging voltage of 13.8-14.4 volts.
If the avionics guy says you're good to go, cool.
Radio stacks were expensive back when I was flying. I'd probably croak if I knew how much a stack is now.

Just because I always try to err on the side of caution, I'd suggest that you ask your avionics guy about the voltage you plan to introduce into the system and ask about the max avionics voltage.
Keep in mind that I haven't touched an aircraft electrical system since 2005 so plenty of stuff has probably changed.
An aircraft 28-volt system utilized a 24-volt battery while the alternator's output is in the 28.2-28.8 volts range.
Same applies to 14-volt systems in aircraft. The starter battery is a 12-volt battery with a charging voltage of 13.8-14.4 volts.
If the avionics guy says you're good to go, cool.
Radio stacks were expensive back when I was flying. I'd probably croak if I knew how much a stack is now.
The avionics will be isolated during the start process (on a separate bus). The sensitive stuff isn’t turned on until the generator is on and voltage stable after the start. Most of the stuff on the main bus is pumps, motors, fans, etc which should be pretty tolerant of 30 volts or so.

I got a “your items have shipped“ notice today so I’m waiting eagerly.

Reactions: FLD
"I got a “your items have shipped“ notice today so I’m waiting eagerly."
Hahaha!, funny I always wait at the door all excited like a two dollar whore on big lick Friday night just waiting on my goodies to arrive. LOL!
That's what I was always under the assumption the multiple busses come into play here. All sensitive electronics obviously were on a different bus then pumps and such associated with the starting bus. Being in the Military around A-3 and P-3 Orion I away knew that these sensitive items were on a whole separate bus and were not turned on until gen was at full capacity and stable. Now the P-3 Orion was replace by the Boeing P-8 Poseidon.
Just can't wait to see your mini beast in action

Back