diy solar

diy solar

LiFePo4 12v 100ah x2 in parallel fuse size?

Travelrn910

I'm new here and could use some help. I am changing over from lead acid to LiFePO4 and with 2, 12v 100ah batteries in parallel, what size t-fuse should I use? Yes, I'm changing the on-board converter to a Progressive brand that is appropriate for lithium. I've read a ton of threads but most are of larger battery banks. I also will be adding on a totally separate and dedicated line a 1000 watt dc/ac inverter. This will come straight from the batteries to the inverter and not attached to my RV with is a 30 amp travel trailer. I boondock a lot and that is the reason for the increasing of the amp hours. Help!

I suggest you to try VOLTWORKS 1000W pure sine wave inverter for your LiFePO4 battery,it is on deal at this moment on amazon

If you are asking the fuse between battery and inverter,for your 1000W inverter,its max current is 100A,so I suggest you to install a 100A fuse between inverter and battery, and install the fuse in the middle of positive cable ( red one).

If you are asking the fuse between battery and inverter,for your 1000W inverter,its max current is 100A,so I suggest you to install a 100A fuse between inverter and battery, and install the fuse in the middle of positive cable ( red one).

It's two 12 volt 100 amp each batteries paralleled (200ah) to the 1000 watt inverter.

1000W AC power output at 10V when battery is at worst case of low battery Voltage the DC input current = 1000W/10V = 100A, factor in inverter efficiency of around 85% = 100A/0.85 = 118A, so the fuse will be about 118A x 1.2 = 141A, so 140A fuse will be OK and the wire will have to be rated to carry that current without catching on fire. it will be less Amp if the low Voltage is more than 10V.
Do you know what the low Voltage shutdown of the inverter is? It should be higher than the BMS Low Voltage shutdown.
BTW, with 1000W inverter, you will need to perform pre-charge of the capacitor bank inside the unit when hooking up the inverter to the battery otherwise it may trip BMS over current, you do not want the BMS to go into shutdown before the inverter goes into shutdown other wise you will have to do precharge when the battery wakes up again, that is why the inverter should go into the low Voltage shutdown before the BMS goes into low Voltage shutdown.

Last edited:
BMS Low Voltage shutdown is about 10.5-11V,usually higher than inverter low voltage shutdown, once battery goes to protection, the inverter will cut off at once,because no dc power feed in to it.

Back