diy solar

diy solar

Lifepo4 and Lithium Ion compatibility issue

NVS

Solar Enthusiast
I have built a Lithium-ion 7s120p battery with 316ah of capacity. I would like to use it in conjunction with a 12v lifepo4 280ah 4s1p battery. My thoughts is to connect the solar panels via scc to Lithium-ion 24v battery which would connect to the pv side of a scc for the 12v lifepo4 battery.

Has anyone tried this? I have hooked a power supply to a scc to use it to charge a battery, and that worked fine. After all, the scc just sees dc Voltage, and that's all it cares.

I have built a Lithium-ion 7s120p battery with 316ah of capacity. I would like to use it in conjunction with a 12v lifepo4 280ah 4s1p battery. My thoughts is to connect the solar panels via scc to Lithium-ion 24v battery which would connect to the pv side of a scc for the 12v lifepo4 battery.

Has anyone tried this? I have hooked a power supply to a scc to use it to charge a battery, and that worked fine. After all, the scc just sees dc Voltage, and that's all it cares.
I have seen other people doing this. It seems to work well.
As long as the first batteries voltage is high enough.

I have seen other people doing this. It seems to work well.
As long as the first batteries voltage is high enough.

I was not able to find any post on this. Can you post a link to one or two?

I see no reason it won't work, but any accurate CV converter with an amperage high enough to handle your average load through the day will do the job without paying for all the MPPT circuitry. If you've got the SCC lying around doing nothing, however, you might as well use it.

I have been thinking about doing the same, but with an 16s Lithium Ion and 16s LiFePO4, to extend the voltage range. The only article I could find on this was this one -

Back