diy solar

diy solar

LifePo4 battery completely discharged.

aberba

My Rosen LifePo4 48v 100Ah battery is completely discharged. It doesn't turn on and the voltage shows there's no charge in it. Its was connected to My off-grid Growatt SPF 5000TL HVM-WPV using grid/util power only...was planning to get panels later. The Growatt reports that the battery is disconnected. Battery voltage is less that 1 volt.

I suspect that this was happened because I connected the inverter-battery BMS cable since that was added only 5 days ago.

What will you recommendation I do to give it a charge?

Bms might be disabling the output.

Do you have a charger you can hook up? It may allow charging yet.

If you actually took it down to less than 1 volt I'd imagine it's pretty well damaged.

I don't have a charger aside the growatt inverter. What kind of charger will I need? Maybe I can get my hands on one.

The load on the battery was just my computers. A very small load so the sudden complete discharge doesn't make sense. Maybe the BMS might be disabling the output like you said.

Was fine in the morning and I noticed in the late afternoon that battery was off. Seems to me like it's not a long time for load to completely discharge the battery.

I don't have a charger aside the growatt inverter. What kind of charger will I need? Maybe I can get my hands on one.

The load on the battery was just my computers. A very small load so the sudden complete discharge doesn't make sense. Maybe the BMS might be disabling the output like you said.

Was fine in the morning and I noticed in the late afternoon that battery was off. Seems to me like it's not a long time for load to completely discharge the battery.
This may cause that your battery fail to communicate with inverter,otherwise inverter will prevent battery from discharging at low voltage.You may get a small current charger,like 2amps,and the charger should have the function of zero-voltage boost.If this not works,you need to open the case,disconnect the BMS with module,charge the battery module bypass BMS.

Back