diy solar

diy solar

LiFePo4 Battery of different brand

Logic28

I have two brand new 48V 100Ah LiFePo4 rack mount Battery with Built-in BMS 51.2 V 5.12 Kw but different brand and I would like to use them in parallel after having been fully charged separately.

Would it be better to add a BMS in between to control the charge or would the internal ones do the job ?
An OCPD would be ideal as well but i’m not sure that I can find a DC 100A (or adjustable) overcurrent devise.
Can anyone help on this please ?
Thank you

Both BMS's should have the same settings. After that you can parallel without issue. Do not add a 3rd BMS.
Thanks for your input, I haven't installed them as yet so I'm not sure what parameters will be available from the two batterie's BMSs, anything in particular that I should be looking out for other than max/min charge-discharge ?

I have DIY packs with same brand BMS. Not identical but can set parameters to be the same. I think the only important settings are for upper and lower voltage cut-off. You just need to start using them in parallel to find out what is important for your setup. You wont hurt anything.

I have DIY packs with same brand BMS. Not identical but can set parameters to be the same. I think the only important settings are for upper and lower voltage cut-off. You just need to start using them in parallel to find out what is important for your setup. You wont hurt anything.
That is what I thought and I was looking for someone with some experience to confirm that, many thanks.

Back