diy solar

diy solar

Lifepo4 battery parallel

kukvins

Hello everyone,
I'm Vincenzo and I'm writing about lifepo4 parallel connection.
I have to build a battery pack 16s.
Now I'm using 16s 280AH in my system, it is new 1 year old and 150 cycle life.
I'm would like to rebuild and use 2 pack in siries: I would like to use 8S2P 280AH in series with 8S2P 260AH everything under a single BMS 16s with active balancer.
I tested the whole 32 batteries, internal resistance is similar and also discharge curve is similar until 3V discharge after that there is a 20amp of different capacity between 2 pack.
Do you think can i use this configuration? Thanks for any answer. ?collegamento LFP - 2.jpg

Attachments

• collegamento LFP - 1.jpg
    collegamento LFP - 1.jpg
    328 KB · Views: 9
16S is 16 cells in series.
8S2P are two 8S batteries in parallel.
2P16S are 16 groups of two cells in parallel. 16 groups are in series.

You have sketched a 2P16S configuration for 51.2V nominal voltage (for 48V system).

A single 16S BMS will be fine.

You might want to consider leaving the 16S battery intact and adding a second 16S battery with its own BMS.

This allows for redundancy and retains single cell battery management.

Thanks, so I can mix different capacity?16 cells 260AH and 16 cells 280AH under one bms?

Hello everyone,
I'm Vincenzo and I'm writing about lifepo4 parallel connection.
I have to build a battery pack 16s.
Now I'm using 16s 280AH in my system, it is new 1 year old and 150 cycle life.
I'm would like to rebuild and use 2 pack in siries: I would like to use 8S2P 280AH in series with 8S2P 260AH everything under a single BMS 16s with active balancer.
I tested the whole 32 batteries, internal resistance is similar and also discharge curve is similar until 3V discharge after that there is a 20amp of different capacity between 2 pack.
Do you think can i use this configuration? Thanks for any answer.

try this one, I think it's better and you will have your + and - on the center of the pack.

Attachments

• 2p16s.jpg
    2p16s.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 38
bonjour, comment connecter les deux bms à l'onduleur (sachant qu'il n'y a qu'une seule entrée) ?? et comment l'onduleur gère la charge/décharge de chaque batterie
Cordialy

hello, how to connect the two bms to the inverter (knowing that there is only one input)?? and how the inverter manages the charging/discharging of each battery. Thank you all

Back