diy solar

diy solar

Lifepo4 battery price to good to be true

I did. So I got the batteries out. They are catl FFH275 wh batteries. About 85 ah. They do seem new as they pulled that and have bar codes. So a little reflection. Justification… acceptance…. what are the stages of grief. Lol. Which one have I hit? I ended up paying $383 originally and $306 after dispute, for an 85 ah battery. If they had advertised them as such it may have been a pretty good deal. I knew it was too good to be true as it would have been a steal for 300 ah. I was hoping for a solid 200 ah would have gladly taken 150 ah. Will admit a little disappointed with the 85 ah. But hey is it really a bad deal. View attachment 62681View attachment 62682

ROFL

Man do I hate China. And Will is right, we are stupid that we don't compete against that bullcrap and get back to making our own products.

Either way, every time I have an alternative, I will buy US / German / etc made. Even if I pay triple the price. Just to generate some demand and encourage none Chinese companies to get back on their feet.

I'd remove the stones, take a dump into the case, and ship it back.

ROFL

Man do I hate China. And Will is right, we are stupid that we don't compete against that bullcrap and get back to making our own products.

Either way, every time I have an alternative, I will buy US / German / etc made. Even if I pay triple the price. Just to generate some demand and encourage none Chinese companies to get back on their feet.

I'd remove the stones, take a dump into the case, and ship it back.
lol be sure to seal it up well

So quick update and do not want to jinx myself, but I went through the dispute and looks like AliExpress is saying I will get $153.48 back. I was going for double that. I did have to do a couple of videos of the start and end ( not the entire time) and the agreed the batteries were not to capacity. Looking at it even closer I am actually closer to 80-85 ah. I am hoping with some cycles it may do a little better. Maybe the batteries were not balanced well and maybe they will do better over time. Once the dispute is over I may break them apart and see what they really are. Thanks. I will update once I get the money in the bank.
Just a thought… Did you buy them through PayPal? PayPal has its own dispute resolution system. Also, if you paid by credit card, your credit card company may be able to issue a chargeback.

Check out this thread:

After looking at the site that sells this batt, it's the same size as most other 100 ah. Those scammers are way over the true capacity. That would have chased me away right away & you didn't even get 100 ah's out of it. If you get a good cycle life from it, that would be surprising as well.

Back