diy solar

diy solar

Lifepo4 battery price to good to be true

Jim1033

So I saw this on AliExpress it seems to good to be true. 310 amp hour 12v $383 no shipping. Some of the stats on max charging current at 50 amps and max discharge at 200 amps are questionable. But for full battery including bms and case seems worth it even if it is half capacity…. Any thoughts? Oh I have 2 coming. They did wait to last second to show it shipped. A little odd…

Attachments

• 5FCD704A-5704-444C-B283-AD0CE9E7CB0C.png
    5FCD704A-5704-444C-B283-AD0CE9E7CB0C.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 46
Store No.911875377
This store has been open since Apr 23,2021
I would not buy from this place, if you do make sure to use CC so you can get your money back if it is a fraud.
300Ah and Free shpd for $383? Way too good to be true.

I did buy on cc. Well they say it is on the way. I can only hope that they are at least half capacity and not puffed out like a ballon. (Or actually lead acid… ) there at least 30 other suckers like me that have purchased so far.

Just keep a close eye on the time. Were it to be a scam, time is on their side as they would usually be expected to show up after you've exhausted time to start a credit card claim, and don't trust Alibaba to side with you, because we've seen time and time again that they haven't.

Keep us in the loop as we are all rooting for you to get them in good working order.

I did buy on cc. Well they say it is on the way. I can only hope that they are at least half capacity and not puffed out like a ballon. (Or actually lead acid… ) there at least 30 other suckers like me that have purchased so far.
Be careful if it does not show up close to 90 days so then you contact them to find out what is going on, they will then tell you not to worry and extend the time for 30 days or more even though you did not ask for time extension to receive the good, I had to contact my CC right away to get my money back.

I have done pretty well so far. (Knock on wood) it takes too long to get things but for the difference in price worth it to me. Prices are going up some. I know…quality… I have 300 amp hours of Lifepo4 batteries at 48v coming. That is about 15 kw of power for right at $2000. That is equivalent to $10,000 -$15,000 of LG, or other equivalent systems if you can get them and they are lithium cobalt. I know they have warranty’s and UL listings. I can not afford that and want a simple system that keeps simple appliances going forward a while. I had a solar rep say the reason they are still using lithium cobalt is energy density and cost… maybe because they last so long they will lose out on selling more batteries. Lol sorry for the rant. Maybe when I get burned I will change my opinion.

I’m asking more than dissing
But lithium. cobalt. cheap. fire. smoke.
Are those words still related?

From what I know it is more likely. But if LG, Genrac and Tesla are all still using them they must feel they are reasonably safe. I still like the lifepo4 best.

Tru
From what I know it is more likely. But if LG, Genrac and Tesla are all still using them they must feel they are reasonably safe. I still like the lifepo4 best.
True. But I’m hoping or imagining Tesla, lg, and generac are using higher quality progressively QC’d batteries than AllieRx

I am always looking for a smoking deal... I have sent them some messages, but my believe in this did not rise that much after this;

Attachments

• Firefox_Screenshot_2021-06-10T10-43-00.704Z.png
    Firefox_Screenshot_2021-06-10T10-43-00.704Z.png
    117.4 KB · Views: 85
  • Firefox_Screenshot_2021-06-10T10-43-39.430Z.png
    Firefox_Screenshot_2021-06-10T10-43-39.430Z.png
    104.2 KB · Views: 85
From the pic you posted it appears to be about the size of a normal car battery. If you compare that to the space 4 280 a/hr eve's take up, it appears feasible it could be ligit. I hope you'll keep us updated but for that price I'd tear it open when it came in to see what's in it.

I agree on the size. If it was not for it specifically saying Lifepo4 I would have expected a car battery. Size says 330 x 220 x 170mm. It says August delivery. Oh the shipping label says 26.9 lbs for 2 of them or is 13.45 for one. In contrast the 310 Varicore ones I have coming are 14.6 lbs (4 cells) not including bms and case. The ones listed above are $410 now. Maybe just got a great deal… ? I am still waiting on my 310 amp hour VariCore’s probably double the price including bms but without case. Varicores should be here between now and July 4th (I hope). I guess in the back of my mind if the permafrost ones are like 200 amp hour and not puffed out like a balloon I would be happy. Will keep you all updated

Now that has me worried for you, I just talked to another person on a thread about battery weight & he said a ligit quality single 280 a/hr batt weighs about 11 lbs which means a 300 a/hr 12v should be about 40-45 lbs. 13 lbs sounds like it won't meet the capacity rating. We will see I guess. I hope you have some testing equipment to verify their claims & if it doesn't measure up, you should claim fraud & get back at least its difference of the ratio value.

I can test them with a known load. I heard that you have to have it tested at a certified lab for them to refund. Blah blah blah. We will see…

Back