diy solar

diy solar

Lifepo4 battery price to good to be true

Batteries still not here and not to FedEx yet? Starting to get worried but I hear the ships are still backed up at the ports. Will give it a few more days. They had a money back date but not sure what that was. If get them will let you all know!

Batteries still not here and not to FedEx yet? Starting to get worried but I hear the ships are still backed up at the ports. Will give it a few more days. They had a money back date but not sure what that was. If get them will let you all know!
worse comes to worse, make the cc claim. if they deliver you can cancel the claim or move forward with it if it wasn't what you ordered.

So I just got notification that FEDEX has my batteries. They should be here 8/10 bought them on 6/1. That is within 5 days of the money back guarantee date. I am still worried as it says the package is 56 lbs for 2 items. At 300 AH one battery should be that. There are several tracking numbers which is weird. So maybe the 56 lbs is for battery and charger and maybe there are 2 packages? Not holding my breath… ?

So I received my 2 batteries today. They say 300 AH but at 26 lbs I do not see how that’s possible. I have some pictures and stats I will post. I am also charging it right now for a capacity test. I am betting they are closer to 100 AH but at $383 should I expect more other than it says 300 AH? They are $434 now. Still not a horrible amount even if the discharge rate is low 100 AH. Is that because it is a 100 AH battery or just a bad bms… lol.

Attachments

• 0775A339-9C23-4B29-8EE9-C4FB3B4025AA.jpeg
    0775A339-9C23-4B29-8EE9-C4FB3B4025AA.jpeg
    251 KB · Views: 60
  • 32DBE7C1-DAA8-43AA-8E82-5EB6DD46E931.jpeg
    32DBE7C1-DAA8-43AA-8E82-5EB6DD46E931.jpeg
    132.1 KB · Views: 57
  • 543D5F50-24DE-4235-9FF5-B96D03E94DEA.jpeg
    543D5F50-24DE-4235-9FF5-B96D03E94DEA.jpeg
    119.7 KB · Views: 50
  • 58704CB7-5AEA-4E0D-B8E7-0B7F137D8C91.jpeg
    58704CB7-5AEA-4E0D-B8E7-0B7F137D8C91.jpeg
    117.5 KB · Views: 52
  • C8B403BE-55FA-438C-A086-C2C3DBDA0AE6.jpeg
    C8B403BE-55FA-438C-A086-C2C3DBDA0AE6.jpeg
    185.4 KB · Views: 59
I do not see any 'LiFePO4' any where on the sticker.
What charging Voltage does the charger show?

curious about what you learn. I'm interested to know what's inside. Any plan to open it up? is it serviceable?

Well, you've already won round 1; they got to you! Maybe they'll shock you with the capacity test. Good luck!

I'm in AUS and have seen Lifepo4 100Ah in similar case and similar prices all over the net for sale here all are shipped from china and sold here by a Chinese guy. but prices are in au dollars

So I will have to test it again when I can watch it closer. I may need to do my shunt. My initial test was less than 100 AH. I topped off the charge and the voltage was about 14.4 v starting and had shut off somewhere around 10.4. I am not sure if it was the inverter that shut off or the battery. I think it was the inverter as it was blinking and not off completely. It is interesting about not seeing Lifepo4 on the battery. The add has it all over it. I hate to rip it all apart as it does not seem serviceable. But I have 2 and depending on how bad the second one does I may rip them both apart to try to get 1 decent battery. I am also wondering if they are not balanced. We will see. B79BC8A9-4707-4924-82CF-966FCFFFD583.png

I just checked the reviews again and people seems to be saying the same thing. Less than 100 ah. I guess everyone is starting to get their batteries. Kind of sad. I will test the second battery and submit a claim.

thats sad, to bad wasn't 300ah. I got my 100ah batterys in usa mn for $500. 12v 100ah. way less hassle then over seas. I have them install in 48v system.
Maybe you already have it somewhere but I’m wondering where you got them and more details on how they perform.

I have four lead acid <$300 total for roughly 250Ah effective/usable. So three of yours is roughly the same static output for $1500ish
My next ‘upgrade’ is probably next year and I’m thinking a totally new setup may be what I go for. Trying to figure out in my head if (for me) the cost of lead acid is preferred or the expense of LFP is better. (Let’s not get into the battery debate, I know the games we play already)
Yours at $500 are both expensive and inexpensive depending on one’s mindset.

Any thoughts?

Don’t forget to account for cycle life.
It's a valid point.

In my case the batteries are for standby use during grid outage and for providing a bit of ballast for the off-grid solar PV to power a pool pump. So cycle frequency is low and SLA are perfectly fine.

I have tested both batteries. Both are close to 110ah well below 300ah. I am testing them again. Not expecting much better. As I said before I should not have expected better. Max discharge of 100ah. Low weight. And price. The case is pretty nice I hate to tear them up. I would love to know if maybe they are not topped balanced well if maybe there is a couple cells that I could put together to make a better one. Are they new or B cells that I should not trust at all. As Will says you get what you pay for. I will open a dispute but again not expecting much there either. 1C279EF5-1A30-4828-9C2F-CA5BA7077907.jpeg

So question. Should I pull both batteries apart and see if I can get one decent one out of them? It is weird, I seem to be putting way more into them Than I am getting out. I am still testing them but with my ac watt meter I am putting about 2kw in but my tester says I am getting about 1kw out? I know there are some losses with charging but I hope not that much. I have my second battery going for the second time now.

So question. Should I pull both batteries apart and see if I can get one decent one out of them? It is weird, I seem to be putting way more into them Than I am getting out. I am still testing them but with my ac watt meter I am putting about 2kw in but my tester says I am getting about 1kw out? I know there are some losses with charging but I hope not that much. I have my second battery going for the second time now.
Before you start pulling them apart (as much as i'd like to see that), 300ah vs 100ah is no small difference. I would register a complaint. perhaps they will give you some money back and let you keep them. Then you could at least tear them apart conscience-free.

So quick update and do not want to jinx myself, but I went through the dispute and looks like AliExpress is saying I will get $153.48 back. I was going for double that. I did have to do a couple of videos of the start and end ( not the entire time) and the agreed the batteries were not to capacity. Looking at it even closer I am actually closer to 80-85 ah. I am hoping with some cycles it may do a little better. Maybe the batteries were not balanced well and maybe they will do better over time. Once the dispute is over I may break them apart and see what they really are. Thanks. I will update once I get the money in the bank.

Back