diy solar

diy solar

Lifepo4 battery price to good to be true

So the rest of the story… I won the appeal but may have lost the battle. I got $153.48 back out of $770 +/-. I opened the battery now that it is done. It had rocks in it. Well granite or quartz pieces in it to weight it down some. What crap. The only thing I can hope is that they are at least new. Doubt it. It is all glued pretty well so not sure if I can get it further apart without real effort. Of well live and learn. C9FE4376-B1C9-496F-8A98-BDE7C24497BF.jpeg

I was trying to figure how to do that but does not seem that I can. I did post the photo under the comments.

I did. So I got the batteries out. They are catl FFH275 wh batteries. About 85 ah. They do seem new as they pulled that and have bar codes. So a little reflection. Justification… acceptance…. what are the stages of grief. Lol. Which one have I hit? I ended up paying $383 originally and $306 after dispute, for an 85 ah battery. If they had advertised them as such it may have been a pretty good deal. I knew it was too good to be true as it would have been a steal for 300 ah. I was hoping for a solid 200 ah would have gladly taken 150 ah. Will admit a little disappointed with the 85 ah. But hey is it really a bad deal. 2B4CDA97-587C-4DFD-A6AA-5395507C0B86.jpegE864B077-45EA-42E3-8707-1E9592B7E849.jpeg

Attachments

• 27D8C248-932E-4E55-A7A5-F4DBCEB3F31A.jpeg
    27D8C248-932E-4E55-A7A5-F4DBCEB3F31A.jpeg
    143.6 KB · Views: 8
I did. So I got the batteries out. They are catl FFH275 wh batteries. About 85 ah. They do seem new as they pulled that and have bar codes. So a little reflection. Justification… acceptance…. what are the stages of grief. Lol. Which one have I hit? I ended up paying $383 originally and $306 after dispute, for an 85 ah battery. If they had advertised them as such it may have been a pretty good deal. I knew it was too good to be true as it would have been a steal for 300 ah. I was hoping for a solid 200 ah would have gladly taken 150 ah. Will admit a little disappointed with the 85 ah. But hey is it really a bad deal. View attachment 62681View attachment 62682
It's always a bad deal if you didnt get what you paid for. Glad you got something useable, though. Cheers.

live and learn.
You've done us a great service. Thank you. Sadly, fraud seems to be becoming the dominant corporate business model. Instead of the word spreading usually whistle blowing is quickly cleaned off the internet. Perhaps we could persuade Will to dissect the remaining battery for all to see. Bet millions would like to see that!

battery.JPG

Last edited:
I looked twice. ? Clearly not, what BMS is used in these?

So the rest of the story… I won the appeal but may have lost the battle. I got $153.48 back out of $770 +/-. I opened the battery now that it is done. It had rocks in it. Well granite or quartz pieces in it to weight it down some. What crap. The only thing I can hope is that they are at least new. Doubt it. It is all glued pretty well so not sure if I can get it further apart without real effort. Of well live and learn. View attachment 62664
This deserves EXTREME exposure wow… not even 1/3 capacity and obvious fraud with the ballast…

So the rest of the story… I won the appeal but may have lost the battle. I got $153.48 back out of $770 +/-. I opened the battery now that it is done. It had rocks in it. Well granite or quartz pieces in it to weight it down some. What crap. The only thing I can hope is that they are at least new. Doubt it. It is all glued pretty well so not sure if I can get it further apart without real effort. Of well live and learn. View attachment 62664
Maybe one of the lessons learned here is: if doing a dispute, open the package up. I wonder if you would have gotten more money back had you been able to show them that picture.

Hi, In case Jim visits this thread - I'm going through the same experience, with the exact same battery pack, so any pointers on how to get some money back would be appreciated.

Hi, In case Jim visits this thread - I'm going through the same experience, with the exact same battery pack, so any pointers on how to get some money back would be appreciated.
This is fraud, nothing less.
AliExpress must intervene and force the vendor to fully compensate all the buyers. The fact that the vendor seems to be manipulating AliExpress policies to defraud buyers and AliExpress being made aware of the vendors actions any failure of AliExpress not to act will leave them just as culpable.
I buy items through Aliexpress and it would be a pity if they don't act.....I'll take my $10 elsewhere!

This is fraud, nothing less.
AliExpress must intervene and force the vendor to fully compensate all the buyers. The fact that the vendor seems to be manipulating AliExpress policies to defraud buyers and AliExpress being made aware of the vendors actions any failure of AliExpress not to act will leave them just as culpable.
I buy items through Aliexpress and it would be a pity if they don't act.....I'll take my $10 elsewhere!
I totally agree, but AliExpress seem either unaware that it's fraud, or are culpable in the fraud, as they make it extremely hard to make a claim.

I'm unsure what I can present as evidence to convince them.

I'm unsure what I can present as evidence to convince them.
Have you opened the battery case yet?
If not, do so with a witness filming it and post the video back here. Local vendors have been known to react!

There seems to be massive number of dodgy battery sellers due to the interest in LiFePO4.

I am not sure if the open the case comment was for me or the last post. I did… see higher up. Including the pieces of stone.

A quick note I used heat to heat just the top edge and break the seam with a couple of flat screw drivers. It seemed to work ok. I saw someone else freeze the whole battery. Not sure about that as cold is supposed to be bad on Lifepo4. I was wondering if you could freeze it with the upside down bottle of compressed air and pop it real quick. I may try it on the second battery. I put the first one back together (without the rocks) and heated it back up and it seemed to go back pretty well. I still duct taped the edge to be sure.

Back