diy solar

diy solar

lifepo4 battery

Wow. Lost details. So much waste... Anyway...

I don't necessarily agree with @Ampster on his recommendation even though his reading comprehension is insanely superior. 27V is only 3.375V/cell, which MIGHT be fine for you if you don't want to fully charge them.

Absorption is 29.2V for a full charge, If you want about ~92% charge, 27.2V
Absorption termination current = 28A
Float at 26.8V (3.35V/cell)
Rebulk at 25.2
Equalization set to something just over absorption (I think it makes you go higher) AND disabled.

Note that a lower voltage absorption will take much longer to get to 28A termination current. I tested a 0.5C charge at 27.2V, and it took 6 hours to terminate at about 92%. That same charge to 92% SoC at 29.2V took 1 hour, 49 minutes.

It takes some experimentation, but faster charges to lower SoC can be had by charging to 29.2V and then cutting off at a much higher termination current.

You don’t need to do anything special with the charge controller. Just set the appropriate voltage and feed the same bus your batteries are attached to. You will need two Bms, one for each battery. As long as you start out with similar cells your batteries will stay very close to each other and the bms will both activate at about the same time.

I think it’s possible to put jumpers between the equivalent position cells of the two batteries and keep them identical. But I don’t see anyone talking about that so don’t know what can go wrong

Back