diy solar

diy solar

LiFePO4 Cell Separator Material

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve_S

Offgrid Cabineer, N.E. Ontario, Canada
What can I use to separate my LFP Cells and/or line my metal box with to protect my cells ?

There are many creative solutions and yet some are downright dangerous (incorrect material for task). The "PROPER" Material for such an application is Epoxied Fiberglass Sheets, specifically, FR-4 thermosetting industrial laminate. This is readily available on Amazon/EBay/AliBaba/AliExpress and virtually every Electronic Components store.

Description:
FR-4 is a thermosetting industrial laminate consisting of a continuous filament glass cloth material with an epoxy resin binder. It has characteristics of high strength, excellent electrical properties and chemical resistance not only at room temperature but also under humid or moist conditions.

Material: FR4 Glass Fiber
Colors: Yellow, Green most common.

Features:
- It is a very strong, flame retardant high pressure laminate of epoxy resin and woven glass cloth.
- Ideal for constructing many parts on your models, such as Control surface horns, servo trays, autogyro rotor plates and many general strengthening parts.

1630235224582.png

Usage:
Separator Layer between LFP Cells to prevent friction between cells and isolation of casings.
Separator layer between Metalic or Conductive casings (best to use adhesive to attach laminate to casing surfaces)

HOW TO GET IT ?
I could provide links to numerous vendors. Simplest is to use GOOGLE and search for "FR4 FIBREGLASS SHEET"
The usual Thickness used for Separators is 0.5mm, thicker is not required. Do remember that the BussBars most vendors provide only have minimal space and can usually only accommodate up to 2mm .

Hope this Helps
Take Care & Build Safe !
Steve_S

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back