diy solar

diy solar

LiFepo4 DIY flexible busbars

Joedeath332

So the busbars that came with my Basen cells are the rigid flat metal type, and I'm a bit concerned about stress at the + / - poles when the cells expand / contract due to charging.
If I was to make my own busbars from 25mm2 cable with lugs on each end, provided they were all the same length will this work OK?

So the busbars that came with my Basen cells are the rigid flat metal type, and I'm a bit concerned about stress at the + / - poles when the cells expand / contract due to charging.
If I was to make my own busbars from 25mm2 cable with lugs on each end, provided they were all the same length will this work OK?
Need to know the voltage, the amps you'll be pulling, and the arrangement of the batteries you'll be using. As well as which 25mm2 cable.

You can probably do this yourself by looking up the ampacity provided by the cable manufacturer, and your knowledge about the setup.

Need to know the voltage, the amps you'll be pulling, and the arrangement of the batteries you'll be using. As well as which 25mm2 cable.

You can probably do this yourself by looking up the ampacity provided by the cable manufacturer, and your knowledge about the setup.
The cables /inverter / b2b / solar and solar mppt are all already installed an been in used in my system for over a year with lead acid batteries, the only thing I will be changing is the batteries from 270ah lead acid to 280ah lifepo4.
My biggest load draw is the microwave which is used for 7 mins daily and draws 120amps, and with this set up and 25mm2 leads everything has always be at the very most luke warm.

Back