diy solar

diy solar

Lifepo4 from US warehouse a myth?

k.neo

Just want to check is anyone knows of such a thing.
Free shipping - that is surely a myth or at least a unicorn, with the weigh of these things, right?
What are the current suppliers that have USA based warehouses? 200-280Ah cells.

There is no such thing as free shipping. The shipping company doesn’t work for free. The cost is just bundled in the price and passed on to the end consumer without being itemized. True for most everything, not just batteries. Just pay attention to the total cost, DDP, delivered to your door.

Cells in stock in the US is hit or miss as stock sells out. You have @Signature Solar and Rebel @ashelby as US based “turn key” battery suppliers who can predict, with some accuracy, when their next container may arrive and clear customs.

For raw cells you have @Michael B Caro trying to get his backlog cleared and keep some US stock. @Season is a new player trying to get stock through customs.

@Amy Wan (Luyuan) is a trusted China based shipper of raw cells who has been here a while but no US stock.

@HighTechLab and a couple others are trying to fill the void between complete DIY and turn key.

Personally I would avoid Big Battery company at all costs.

All of these, and more, are discussed on the forum.

Hope that helps and welcome to the forum !

Last edited:
Thanks for the birds eye view of the scene.
It the aliexpress, if you put a search "lifepo4" and select "Shipping from United States" there are a lot of free shipping, prices vary ofc.
Any aliexpress reliable vendors?

The "free shipping" is just built into the price you pay and typically by cargo container so can take 2 to 3 months to get stateside depending on your luck getting into the next shipment or just missing one and having to wait for a full shipment.

after one order through mike caro, I have just been buying from battery hookup, only their new cells. diysolar as discount code (will's) with shipping I'm coming out around $.50 an ah. they get to me in a week, and now that they fixed their phone, if I have a problem, someone usually answers, speaks clear english, and handles my problem within a couple days. Right now they only have 25 and 55ah as largest single cell options, but they are new and have a higher discharge rating than the 280's we're getting out of china (so probably higher quality cells) the 55ah are cylindrical so no compression needed also a plus.

Any Costa Rica LiFePO4 supplier or import options? ... Wondering if anyone has experienced importing 280ah LiFifePO4s from China to Costa Rica. I know the import broker would be a key, or a huge time suck headache would be very possible. I hang out in Costa Rica sometimes, in Montezuma (Pacific side across from Jaco), and would like to help solar exploring friends there, expand their options. Fishing here for clues on Costa Rica info./ options. I think it is way easier to import to usa, as I have found alibaba suppliers who can commit to handling usa customs and those fees. ... I do not think that is available for Costa Rica, but could ask research more via the suppliers (while doubting any good answers). Any Clues or Ideas or Info. ... Welcome.
:+) Bill

Jenny Wu, on this forum represents Efest energy, and is doing business out of north Houston. I have not purchased from them yet, though they are just 37 miles from me. I have been in contact with her, though. I had already ordered 16 cells before I found out about them, but I intend to go get at least 4 Pcs from them for testing if I manage to sell some of the extra cells that are coming from China. They have gotten to the dock, but have not yet reached FedEx, so I'm not sure when they will arrive. I have some parties interested in built packs, and if it catches on, I will need to source locally. I travel a lot, and am rarely in one spot long enough to receive shipments from China.

Back