diy solar

diy solar

LiFePo4 received ready inflated. Can I use them?

BTW, I am curious as how you plan to make connections with those battery terminals?
I thought of two options. Spot welding or soldering with tin. But the question from my first post remains. I ask those with experience to write to me if I can use these inflated accumulators for something or put them directly in the trash?

Will has a video of using inflated grade B cells. I would not want to do it, but placed in an area where if they burst or catch fire, nothing would go up with it, you could see what use you get.

I don’t have a place to do this without fear of burning down my house.

Will has a video of using inflated grade B cells. I would not want to do it, but placed in an area where if they burst or catch fire, nothing would go up with it, you could see what use you get.

I don’t have a place to do this without fear of burning down my house.
Thank you!

dont ever mix up alibaba with aliexpress.
aliexpress is more like ebay
alibaba is meant for b2b
And aliexpress is alibabas retail site... They are owned and managed by the same company. Theres nothing wrong with any of them if used correctly. Unfortunately when it comes to buying batteries they can all be good or bad depending on how much research you do or dont do about the vendor selling on the platform. many times the "local businesses" are purchasing either through alibaba or from contacts they found on alibaba before marking up and reselling with thier own support..

From the experience accumulated in many years of online shopping, I can say that the Chinese are very slippery and without moral conduct. If he can, he will surely cheat on you.

I ask those with experience to write to me if I can use these inflated accumulators for something or put them directly in the trash?
They have high internal resistance and are garbage. My ones even started to leak.
Search for Liitokala here in the forum, there are a few posts from myself and other victims of their G-grade cells.
Now write them off and buy quality from the recommended sellers.

They have high internal resistance and are garbage. My ones even started to leak.
Search for Liitokala here in the forum, there are a few posts from myself and other victims of their G-grade cells.
Now write them off and buy quality from the recommended sellers.
Thanks for the info. It was good for me. I canceled my aliexpress account. I will only buy from the manufacturers.

Not all the cells on aliexpress are bad it does depend on who you buy them from.. Like ebay, alibaba or amazon there are good vendor and bad.
I just got 16 90ah cells for a golfcart battery build from there and there has been over 290 orders of that size cell from that vendor with 80 reviews and only 2 of them are negative. My cells arrived unbloated and all cells were 3.20-3.21v. Ive ordered from docan before with very positive results also. I chose to buy these cells from aliexpress because they were $623 vs $1100 and the cart only cost me $700.

Not all the cells on aliexpress are bad it does depend on who you buy them from.. Like ebay, alibaba or amazon there are good vendor and bad.
I just got 16 90ah cells for a golfcart battery build from there and there has been over 290 orders of that size cell from that vendor with 80 reviews and only 2 of them are negative. My cells arrived unbloated and all cells were 3.20-3.21v. Ive ordered from docan before with very positive results also. I chose to buy these cells from aliexpress because they were $623 vs $1100 and the cart only cost me $700.
I don't like living in uncertainty. They can be good or bad, but from my experiences with AliExpress, I can conclude that a large proportion of scrap or non-compliant products are sold there. Almost everything I received over the years had at least one inappropriate technical parameter. Aliexpress is a kind of Chinese garbage can. I bought multimeters and other measuring devices that indicated incorrectly and threw them away. I bought non-compliant electronic components that ended up in the trash. Just wasted money. I stopped.

For larger LiFePo4 batteries, Aliexpress is just not the right place. The small 5Ah round cells might be ok if you are lucky.
Good for @augiedoggy that you got decent cells, but many others have been scammed. For 600$ the risk is just too high, and in the end you still end up buying from Docan or the others, where you can get decent quality. Then you add your 600$ on top of that.

Back