LiFePO4 UPS

smoothJoey

SmooJo
@smoothJoey I've been thinking along the same lines but going a bit simpler (no Pi req'd) with an all in one LiFePO4 battery with built in bms and charger.

Not as modular/flexible as your setup but should do the same thing. Would appreciate your thoughts.
A $649.00CAD 100ah lifepo4 battery with charger is scary.
Considering the name is "Scream Power", that's nightmare fuel.

UPDATE: Maybe I'm just out of touch. There are lots of batteries in that price range on amazon.ca.

Last edited:

curiouscarbon

Science Penguin
A $649.00CAD 100ah lifepo4 battery with charger is scary.
Considering the name is "Scream Power", that's nightmare fuel.

UPDATE: Maybe I'm just out of touch. There are lots of batteries in that price range on amazon.ca.
ok scream power is just a hilarious name.

i can’t even begin to list the number of marketing jingles they must have available to them…

Yeah, I should have updated the thread. I adapted one of Will's milk crate builds, leaving out the solar charge controller, and using 4x 100Ah packs from batteryhookup.com. Way overkill for the power capacity, but it's working well so far.
awesome!! way to dodge the old chemistry!

feel free to update with details about your specific build :geek:(y) and good luck

danb35

Solar Enthusiast
Details? Well, this is what I used for battery:

Overkill to be sure, but it included the BMS, and I didn't need to mess with bus bars as the cell packs have flexible wires. The four cell packs fit very nicely into the milk crate. Otherwise, the build largely followed Will's video here:

...with the obvious exception of the solar charge controller. I used a 20A power supply instead of the 10A one he linked from his video, and a smaller fuse box. Also added a circuit breaker (in the red 3D-printed bracket at the bottom of the image above) to disconnect AC input power.