diy solar

diy solar

LiFePo44 based high capacity batteries?

sidpost

I am trying to work with Amy Wan via the Chinese shopping website but, my search Fu is apparently a bit weak for those two sites. If she or her company has a forum here that I missed, I'd appreciate a link!

We are looking at the 280Ahr batteries for basically an off-grid house situation (we will be grid-tied but, have frequent power outages and high residential rates). And yes, I have seriously considered diesel and natural gas electricity generators. We are on well water so, 230V is a REQUIREMENT, and as is 120V for fish that will die if the power goes out for an extended period of time.

3 strings of 16 batteries get into storage racks and more complex Battery Management Systems so, we really need something sized more appropriately to our storage needs. Tesla and Generac Power Walls might need some further consideration but, they seem overly expensive especially when you factor in all the other required hardware they include. We are using lead-acid battery solutions right now but, upsizing isn't really practical since we are not going with forklift batteries.

Ideally, the battery cost would be in the ~$6K range with a storage capacity of 800~900Ahr at a nominal 48V.

Where and what batteries should I be looking for? Any BMS recommendations or concerns with a setup like this?

TIA,
Sid

Back