diy solar

diy solar

Lighting?

My 12V cooling fan is a computer case “silent fan” I mounted on an repurposed tablet arm. The fan puts out way more air with less noise than a cheap small 120V fan, and the flexible arm lets me direct air wherever I need it.

Edit to add the Noctua 140mm nameplate pic, please ignore the dust. Good eyes curiouscarbon!

Attachments

• Case Fan.JPG
    Case Fan.JPG
    154.9 KB · Views: 8
  • Noctua fan.jpg
    Noctua fan.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
My 12V cooling fan is a computer case “silent fan” I mounted on an repurposed tablet arm. The fan puts out way more air with less noise than a cheap small 120V fan, and the flexible arm lets me direct air wherever I need it.
for anyone interested in that fan, it’s a Noctua brand one and they are very quiet for the amount of air they move. the fan blades have irregularly spaced notches cut out of them to make the frequency spectrum of the noise they make more broadband and thus less annoying to human ear.

i know this thread is about lighting but i’ve used the 140mm one many times in projects and it’s really good. can’t vouch for the 120mm one as much. i usually try to get 140mm computer fans because they are bigger and therefore lower frequency noise and quieter.

they run on 12 volt DC

i digress lol

1634932291856.jpeg

arduino wind simulator to go along with sun simulator (LED)

Back