diy solar

diy solar

LiitoKala 100Ah

Kerry downunder

I just received the battries I ordered via AliExpress. I ordered 4 X 3.2V 100Ah LiitoKala and received 8 X 3.2V. The packing was good and when I unpacked I tested the cell voltage, 2 cells were at 3.00V and the remainder were at 2.99V. The BMS has not arrived as yet so the question is, Do I connect them in parallel to equalise the voltage and than charge them before receiving the BMS?
image.jpg

Paralleling them without passing a current does absolutely nothing useful.

Series charging them is a great way to destroy one or more cells if a BMS is not present to protect the cells.

If you want to charge them in parallel, go for it.

Top balancing guide on the Resources page.

Paralleling them without passing a current does absolutely nothing useful.

Series charging them is a great way to destroy one or more cells if a BMS is not present to protect the cells.

If you want to charge them in parallel, go for it.

Top balancing guide on the Resources page.
Thank you. I’ll have to wait for the BMS to arrive.

Let me know how you get on with them please... One just ordered 18!

Let me know how you get on with them please... One just ordered 18!
I have been running the top balance for 9 days and they are still only at 3.39V. By my calculations, it will be another 5 to 7 days before they get to 3.56V. The amperage is down to 2.9A on the desktop power supply.

The BMS arrived today so once the cells get to 3.56V I will be able to connect the BMS and test the build.

Jesus I didn't realise it would take 2 weeks to charge them. This is gonna be awkward on a boat...

Jesus I didn't realise it would take 2 weeks to charge them. This is gonna be awkward on a boat...
I have just come in from the workshop and they are now at 3.65V. It seem to really speed up for the last 0.26V only took 5 hours. Just check on what voltage your cells are when they arrive. I used a 200A solar blanket to bring the battery’s configured as 12V to 12.5 volts (3.19V each cell) and than connected all 8 into parallel, than connected the desktop charger first set at 3.4V than 3.65V.
Best for your build.

So he puts them in 4s blocks and charges to 95%, then puts them in parallel and finishes the charge.

Two questions if I may:

1: How does he know 95% state of charge in a 4s block that hasn't yet been balanced?
2: Is there not a risk of overcharging a cell while in 4s configuration?

Thanks! :)
the bms should cut off the charger if any cell gets above 3.65 volts

So he puts them in 4s blocks and charges to 95%, then puts them in parallel and finishes the charge.

Two questions if I may:

1: How does he know 95% state of charge in a 4s block that hasn't yet been balanced?
2: Is there not a risk of overcharging a cell while in 4s configuration?

Thanks! :)
He charges with a 12V charger to 13.5V and this takes the cells to approx 3.37V each. He than puts the cells in parallel and charges up to 3.65V.

I just received the battries I ordered via AliExpress. I ordered 4 X 3.2V 100Ah LiitoKala and received 8 X 3.2V. The packing was good and when I unpacked I tested the cell voltage, 2 cells were at 3.00V and the remainder were at 2.99V. The BMS has not arrived as yet so the question is, Do I connect them in parallel to equalise the voltage and than charge them before receiving the BMS?
View attachment 29262
DAYUM

Looks sweet. I ordered these cells on Jan 15th. I searched all over the forum for someone that had them before I ordered. But I didn't find your post.

Back