diy solar

diy solar

LiitoKala 280 Ah cells from AliExpress - clearly damaged before shipping

AREA351

I just got (8) of the 280 Ah cells from LitoKala and some were dinged up in shipping due to poor packaging. They only had some foam wrapped around them and were packaged (4) to a box. I emailed the seller indicating that I wanted them to replace the damaged cells and they wanted ME to pay for shipping back to them in order to get a refund or exchange.

Hopefully it's only cosmetic and won't affect the performance of the cells.

What a crock of shit.....

Attachments

• ALLINONE.jpg
    ALLINONE.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 80
  • CELLS.jpg
    CELLS.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 79
Hit them with scathing 1 star reviews on all their products. This problem happened to me until I promised to remove the bad reviews, but only after they exchanged my faulty items.

Please keep us informed how they handle the problem ... Thanks.

They want me to pay for return shipping to get a refund/replacement. When I first contacted them, they said it was no big deal and will not affect the performance of the cells. That's not the point. I didn't pay for damaged cells.

Attachments

• 20201104_191657 (1).jpg
    20201104_191657 (1).jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 45
  • 20201104_191713 (1).jpg
    20201104_191713 (1).jpg
    46 KB · Views: 45
  • 20201104_191727 (1).jpg
    20201104_191727 (1).jpg
    43 KB · Views: 45
  • 20201104_191738.jpg
    20201104_191738.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 44
How exactly would they know the cell performance isn't affected? You could have problems from hidden damage 5 years down the line.
It is pretty evident their shipping package is sub-par when compared to other vendors.

I find the UPS postal people are to blame, not them packaging it, theres only so much you can do to protect them, i to got the same looking box and foam around each cell, i find that was done well.. it looks like to me the ups noob did that, most are weak bumbling fools. that said i am wondering what size they are, can you provide ther link?, i just got 10 allegedly NEW 105ah ones, they look exactly the same shape and size [reason i ask for dimensions] and get this they ALL were ballooned out..i bet they had new old stock, and decided to charge them, and forgot to unplug after 12 hours?... remember ALL aliexpress and ebay is just people like you and me buying from the manufacturer and then reseling them.

so why not call UPS/FEDEX/DHL and make a complaint and make THEM pay for the return shipping?

I find the UPS postal people are to blame, not them packaging it, theres only so much you can do to protect them, i to got the same looking box and foam around each cell, i find that was done well.. it looks like to me the ups noob did that, most are weak bumbling fools. that said i am wondering what size they are, can you provide ther link?, i just got 10 allegedly NEW 105ah ones, they look exactly the same shape and size [reason i ask for dimensions] and get this they ALL were ballooned out..i bet they had new old stock, and decided to charge them, and forgot to unplug after 12 hours?... remember ALL aliexpress and ebay is just people like you and me buying from the manufacturer and then reseling them.

so why not call UPS/FEDEX/DHL and make a complaint and make THEM pay for the return shipping?
It is not my responsibility to contact the shipping company to file a claim, it is the seller's. A reputable seller would just ship new cells and file a claim with the shipping company and deal with them directly.

re:It is not my responsibility to contact the shipping company.
ok., i see that name a lot in ALieXpress.....,

BUT..who MOVES the items?...was it shipping?..or was it the sender? lets look at it on a "different shoe on foot" ...if YOU sent an item..is it YOUR fault the Shipper damaged it?..just asking, keep the blame on the proper party..just saying, don't fight me, if you want me to send a picture of a post man DUMPING the items?, i can. I can't blame the sender.?..ok u forced me to post the security camera, postal mask wearing worker dumping packages over the fence, and missing the YELLOW BIG box for pakages...so shall i bitch at the seller?, shall i blame the seller?

and, now that were done with that.. now, can i get the SIZE of your batteries?..a link is great but i see a lot, and no size of the ones you got..can i ask you to give me size please...reason i ask is they look to me like 105AH, and you said they were 280ah, i am not sure thats correct..i have quite a few of those same looking ones. and i am curious.

Attachments

• 20200917postal DUMP.jpg
    20200917postal DUMP.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 26
1) These were clearly damaged before packing.
2) The shipping company isn't responsible for poor packaging and they will not cover this.
3) The seller has to file a claim, not the buyer.
4) The seller is the one obligated to make this right on their dime no matter what.

I'm not paying to return them to China, waiting weeks and hopefully getting an exchange or refund.

I cannot wait another 8+ weeks for more cells. I need all (8) to be able to use my battery.

ok., i see that name a lot in ALieXpress.....,
ok...so do I.

I have those cells and know exactly what they are and who the manufacturer is. It is not Litokala. I do not believe they manufacture any cells. They do not look like any 105ah cells I have looked at and I have looked at a ton of them. They are 280ah cells and require a lot of packaging material. The cells weigh 5.2kg each. The seller severely skimped on the packaging step and the seller is the one responsible to make things right. Every seller on Alibaba I know of has replaced cells that were damaged in shipment...and they all pack them well. They do not want the damaged cells shipped back to them.

My 8 280ah cells came from Basen on Alibaba and the packaging protected them. I bought them in the group buy deal. They were shipped in two boxes...4 cells each with lots of protective foam all the way around. Not a single scratch when I received them.

Last edited:
1) These were clearly damaged before packing.
They were damaged before packaging? How do you know this for sure? You claimed the packaging was lousy. And you did say:

"I just got (8) of the 280 Ah cells from LitoKala and some were dinged up in shipping due to poor packaging."

Did you notice any holes in the boxes?

Either way I do agree with you that is not acceptable.

Last edited:
I work with a guy who packages aircraft parts. He's a pro. You could drop the packages off the building, and the contents would be unharmed.

Those types of defects are from a concentrated high-impact force. The deformations are very localized. It's almost a certainty they were damaged prior to packaging.

The packaging from aliexpress BLS is more professional. Recently, we are preparing to purchase their CALB plastic 100AH shell battery, which will be transported from us warehouse for $399.

Back