diy solar

diy solar

LiitoKala/Varicore 90Ah Cell Test

So a big questions is, did you get your money back? You also seem to know the details, were you able to learn if this was your local customs department, as it would seem?

So a big questions is, did you get your money back? You also seem to know the details, were you able to learn if this was your local customs department, as it would seem?
The first time I was able to get my money back. This time the dispute is in progress but it is the seller who asked me to open it ... so there shouldn't be a problem! For the first time the postal services lose track of the parcel in FRANCE. But haven't told me about customs. This time the seller told me that the package was refused by customs and returned to the sender! I still sent an email to the post office ... I'm waiting for an answer. I no longer dare to order even on Alibaba !!!
On this subject, on Alibaba, is it easy to get your money back in the event of a problem? thank you,

Wonder what the deal is with the 100ah Liito Kala cells (from their official store on Aliexpress as far as I can tell) for $168 with free shipping to the US. $42/cell shipped. Kinda tempting.

Be careful, but send us a link so we can take a look at it. One critical part of this is how you pay for it. Done properly you have assurance of getting your money if you don't get your product.

Be careful, but send us a link so we can take a look at it. One critical part of this is how you pay for it. Done properly you have assurance of getting your money if you don't get your product.
It's this listing. Most results are translated but a few mention being satisfied with capacity, and I believe two or three mentioned 98-99+ah. I've bought on aliexpress a couple times, just always forget which card I used.

It's this listing. Most results are translated but a few mention being satisfied with capacity, and I believe two or three mentioned 98-99+ah. I've bought on aliexpress a couple times, just always forget which card I used.
I bought these last night, apparently I used paypal for the previous transactions so that made it easy. $180 shipped with "taxes" and hopefully will arrive well before mid April, the guaranteed delivery date. I'll post test results, but won't take much to impress me. I really wanted to build a 50ah pack but couldn't find cells with screw terminals for a price that made sense.

Pack is going to be used almost exclusively for laptop charging via USB-C PD :LOL: screw a powerbank

Sounds good, I will be waiting to see how it goes and thanks for the update!

I have bought them 90 AMP hour cells from aliexpress 3 times from global power and had no issues. It took about 5 weeks to California

Glad it went well, when you get a chance can you tell us the payment method that worked for you? I also would like to know the location of where you intend to mount the cells, you are in California so likely not to cold, will they be outside, or in a garage?

A normal credit card. They are in the house as LPO are safe with no outgassing.
I have a set of 280 AMP hours coming ordered in Dec from the same vender.

I tested the newer style 100Ah Varicore cells. Top balanced them first to 3.60V. I run a Overkill 4S BMS. Got 99,25Ah out of them.

IMG_20210116_214716.jpgIMG_20210117_044336.jpg

I am seeing now a lot of sellers or listings for LitoKala and VariCore LFP cells on Aliexpress. They look identical in photo. A few of you have taken the plunge and bought 90AHr LitoKala cell as noted above. DO any of you know if these two brands are the same cells just labled for different sellers or from two different manufacturers? With regard to the LitoKala cells, from reading above the 90 amp seem OK. Anyone have experience with the 200 or 280 amp versions? The terminals look the same regardless of size and I would be concerned at higher amperage.

I tried to purchase the Liitokala VariCore 90ah cells from Aliexpress back on Feb.2. 2021. They estimated arrival this week, (4/1/21) but tracking shows that they have not left country of origin yet. I am trying to cancel the order, has anyone else experienced a problem like this?

I tried to purchase the Liitokala VariCore 90ah cells from Aliexpress back on Feb.2. 2021. They estimated arrival this week, (4/1/21) but tracking shows that they have not left country of origin yet. I am trying to cancel the order, has anyone else experienced a problem like this?
Probably just need to be patient. The number of ships backed up to unload at the port of LA right now is absurd. AliExpress requires all sellers to provide on-time delivery guarantee. There's a date on on your order - once it's passed you can ask them for all your money back.

Probably just need to be patient. The number of ships backed up to unload at the port of LA right now is absurd. AliExpress requires all sellers to provide on-time delivery guarantee. There's a date on on your order - once it's passed you can ask them for all your money back.
Thank you for the insight. I would rather have the batteries than a refund, but two months without even knowing if the order is on a ship seemed too sketchy. I'll post for the forum when I know more.

Thank you for the insight. I would rather have the batteries than a refund, but two months without even knowing if the order is on a ship seemed too sketchy. I'll post for the forum when I know more.
Granted I'm just one data point but I didn't see squat on tracking until my LiitoKala cells were released from customs to FedEx. I've bought a lot of crap direct from China so I was already used to this. Never heard of AliExpress failing on their guarantee so I wouldn't lose sleep over this.

Usually bigger goods are shipped in big batches in conteiners overseas. Tracking isn't working that time. Often it takes about two months to arrive to the warehouse, then it's registered and shows up on tracking, and after that it usually arrives in few days.

But at some point from last summer there was very big problems with shipping from Aliexpress. I had three orders that never left from the origin country and was returned to the seller. They just didn't remember to inform you about it. So it's good to ask the seller about the status of the shipping.

I ordered 8 of the 280AH batteries from varicore/liitokola... (they were selling cells in four packs)
7 of the 8 cells received tested to advertised capacity.
1 of the eight had 210AH capacity and when I asked liitkola could they ship a single cell replacement, crickets chirping so far...
I tested it twice with discharge so far, both tests at 20amps discharging and using a isdt Q8 max for 20 amp chargingthat also showed a reduced capacity as measured by charging.

FYI on aliexpress, their guarantee is NOT complete coverage, its a partial refund. Even in cases where I have shown that the sellers product is not what they advertised it at, the aliexpress settlement is usually 50% of your cost unless you agree to send the item back with tracking which is insanely expensive from the USA to china. The one time I did actually ship the product back, all the company does is state that they "did not get it" and tracking really does not work in china so you are out the refund+ shipping costs.

FYI on aliexpress, their guarantee is NOT complete coverage, its a partial refund. Even in cases where I have shown that the sellers product is not what they advertised it at, the aliexpress settlement is usually 50% of your cost unless you agree to send the item back with tracking which is insanely expensive from the USA to china. The one time I did actually ship the product back, all the company does is state that they "did not get it" and tracking really does not work in china so you are out the refund+ shipping costs.
I was talking about AliExpress on-time delivery guarantee. ALL sellers are required to provide it, no exceptions.

Back