diy solar

diy solar

Liner Actuator Clamp help please

hotrod

Hi I'm building a solar tracker for my panels and I'm needing some help finding a clamp to fit a First Solar Tracker Linear Actuator that I purchased off of ebay last week. It didn't come with the clamp that bolts around the tube. The tube of the actuator is 2 1/4" o.d. All I can find is clamps that fit 2" od actuators. I have looked hi and low and haven't been unable to locate a clamp that fits a 2 1/4" tube.

Home Depot has 2-1/4" U-bolts in stainless steel for $4.38:

Internet #205883085
Model # 803764
Store SKU #372237

OK thanks for your reply but how would the u-bolt let the actuator pivot as the angle changes if you have the u-bolt tight enough to hold it and not let it slip

Venture Manufacturing at 866-365-1957 probably has parts. Their # 841-01FS, standard hardware kit, probably includes what you are looking for give them a call M-F.

Venture Manufacturing at 866-365-1957 probably has parts. Their # 841-01FS, standard hardware kit, probably includes what you are looking for give them a call M-F.
Thanks mopat I will give them a call Monday

What you might want to try is making you own out of some steel strapping. Something like this.
Buy a short section, then hammer it into shape around a similar diameter mandrel. I wouldn't hammer on the actuator itself. Then slip a bolt with a nut through one of the holes and tighten it down. A short pigtail on the end would allow you to attach whatever other hardware you have onto it.

Thanks for sending me the info on Ventura Manufacturing the liner actuator I purchased are actually some of there HD actuators and they do have the clamps I was needing to get them installed thanks again for your help.

Try looking at satellite dish actuators and accessories.

When C band dishes were the only game it was a lot easier to find.

Try looking at satellite dish actuators and accessories.

When C band dishes were the only game it was a lot easier to find.
It is like finding hens teeth now lol. But I've got them on the way now. Thanks

Back