diy solar

diy solar

Lion Energy UT1300 at Costco again

MrNatural22

?SW sunshine =⚡️⚡️lit up thru the darkness✌️
does anyone know the pattern Costco typically offers this sale? May to June then again in September?

Update: The roadshow is almost ending.

This week at this Costco:
7981 E Stockton Blvd, Sacramento, CA 95823

Starting Fri Oct 23 for 7 days at this Costco:
1600 Expo Pkwy, Sacramento, CA 95815

IMG_20201013_135919.jpgIMG_20201013_135848.jpgIMG_20201013_135909.jpg

Are these good batteries at a good price?
For those looking for a quality “drop in” type LiFePo 12v battery with a tested low temp protection BMS these are great. Lion energy has a great warranty and they are based in Utah so easy communications.
No long protracted Chinese email tag if tech support or replacement is necessary.
And the Costco warranty is unbeaten, they offer on sale them during different times of the year.
It may be less expensive to build your own but not everyone has the ability to correctly do that and prefer a drop in option.
Will has tested these. ✌️

For those looking for a quality “drop in” type LiFePo 12v battery with a tested low temp protection BMS these are great. Lion energy has a great warranty and they are based in Utah so easy communications.
No long protracted Chinese email tag if tech support or replacement is necessary.
And the Costco warranty is unbeaten, they offer on sale them during different times of the year.
It may be less expensive to build your own but not everyone has the ability to correctly do that and prefer a drop in option.
Will has tested these. ✌️

You say not everyone can build their own. But don't these lack a BMS etc?
So they would still need to add one right?
Or did I miss something when I read their ad?
EDIT: Watched the video. Apparently is does have a BMS.
I stand corrected. Weird how they did not mention this in their ad though.
Thanks for the video :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you certain you must buy in pairs? I know you get a better price but Costco has always offered a single battery option.
Easy enough to find out, give them a call.

I was going by their website.
Only shows the pair.
It looks like they sell on eBay although for $899.

What do you guys think about Will saying he DOES NOT recommend the Lion battery for RV?

What do you guys think about Will saying he DOES NOT recommend the Lion battery for RV?
I prefer lifepo because they won't catch fire even if they explode. Where as a lion will catch fire and so putting one where you sleep in my opinion is insane if you do not have to do it. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
It is LiFePo. Lion is the name of the company.
Ah ok. Well the 100% reason I chose Lifepo is because one, I go through parks where children are. And would never forgive myself if they exploded and killed a child.
And two, on the skytrain if they exploded or caught fire etc then everyone in the car would be dead or worse.
Three, my mobility scooter is in the same room I sleep in sooooo. I don't want to die in a fire.

So I think they are 100% fine for RV's.
Maybe Will has a beef in particular with the one company "Lion" then?

Back