diy solar

diy solar

Lion Energy UT1300 at Costco again

His beef was with the terminals. They have small screws and he has concerns about durability. At just $100 less than Battleborn MSRP he's suggesting to take the Battleborn. At Costco these are $300 less so it's no contest. To be honest I fail to see how Battleborn still charges a grand for a 100ah battery when 280's are out for a fraction of the cost

Will only had a problem with the weaker battery terminal connections compared to BBS beefier ones.
The lion energy performed very well on capacity and its discharge power abilities in Wills testing. Here’s the specs that were met.
106EB298-B536-4BC9-9DAD-FD8086D9D446.jpeg

I'm not seeing them on Costco.com anymore. I saw them yesterday. I might of waited too long. :(

If I got these batteries
I'm not seeing them on Costco.com anymore. I saw them yesterday. I might of waited too long. :(
It said sale ends 11/22 while supplies last. I guess the supplies didn't last. That's a bummer.

If I got these batteries

It said sale ends 11/22 while supplies last. I guess the supplies didn't last. That's a bummer.
The whole “ITEM NOT FOUND” instead of a sold out, or other memo on the site makes me think they were removed for other reasons...
I noticed the store doesn’t have ANY solar generators on the shelves, and sams Motorola solar generator is gone as well... maybe retail sites aren’t getting the promotional deals or there are warranty issues the stores are feeling, or preventing?

Maybe someone will have a great Black Friday sale on some batteries.

Maybe someone will have a great Black Friday sale on some batteries.
I was pretty close to pulling the trigger last night. Spent hours watching videos and reading. Went back this morning to grab at least a pair and POOF! They're gone.

Maybe Battleborn will have some black friday sales this year?

I have a pair of these and I don't have a problem with the terminals, but I do use a small handheld mini-beam torque wrench to ensure that I don't over-torque them. If I were going to be making frequent connections and disconnections, I might opt to install long metric set screws to convert the terminals to studs like we do on the EVE cells, but that doesn't bypass the need to use a torque wrench. Torque wrenches like I have, can be found at bike shops, since carbon fiber bike parts are easily damaged by over-torqueing and have similar torque specs to the Lion terminals.

I don't think Will's concerns are without merit, I do think he had a terminal twist on an earlier model of the battery, and the terminals are still similar, but I also gets the sense that Will loves extra beefy terminals, especially ones that you can feel safe using an impact driver on :)

I have 4 of these batteries, and they have been rock-solid for me. I don't really get the terminal concern - m8 (5/16th) are also likely the stud size elsewhere in your system (inverter, fuses, terminal blocks, shunts, switch etc), and I've not had an issue with anything coming loose.

I got 2 Rebel batteries but I'm thinking of grabbing a set of these to compare.

I could find a buyer for 1 set.

annnnnd they're back. :) Grabbed 4.
Sweet!! Is $1,399 their usual deal?
Edit: I see that the first post on here had the same price. Also, thank you for noting that they're back! I can't believe it took me a week to see it!

I'm new here and must be missing something.
At $1,399 for two Lions the SOK batteries (especially one 206ah or even two of the 100ah) are at as good or better price point and it appears as if they’re more robust.
Granted anything from Costco has a great return policy but there’s more isn’t there?

thanks

I'm new here and must be missing something.
At $1,399 for two Lions the SOK batteries (especially one 206ah or even two of the 100ah) are at as good or better price point and it appears as if they’re more robust.
Granted anything from Costco has a great return policy but there’s more isn’t there?

thanks
Yup, SOK getting great reviews from Will, and chins low buck batteries make the lions a more expensive choice, but a decent battery and great support.

Back