diy solar

diy solar

Lishen 202 Ah cell 12V battery build BMS recommendation

waiapasi2006

Hello all.

As the title states. I'm about to pull the trigger on these cells to start a small Solar Project.
I want to build a 12v system with these cells and maybe parallel a second.
What would be a recommended BMS to go with?

System:
Solar panels:
4 x 100w
Vmp: 18.9V
Voc: 22.5V
Imp: 5.3A
Isc: 5.7A

Tracer4215BN- MPPT 40A

Pure Sine inverter:
Input: 12Vdc 200A
Output: 120Vac, 60Hz,17A, 2000W
Continuous Power: 2000W
Surge Power: 4000W

Thank you.

Last edited:
Is the BMS calculated based on the input current of the inverter?
Thank you Snoobler.
One thing I might suggest is getting the version without the fan. Cheap Chinese fans tend to die in a year or so. If you don't pull the 200 amps for long, you likely don't need the fan. I have the 250 amp versions in 12 and 24 volts, and you don't need the fan if your normal load is 100 amps. Just a suggestion, mine are without the fan, and my max is 140 to 150 amps, and there is no problem without the fan.

One thing I might suggest is getting the version without the fan. Cheap Chinese fans tend to die in a year or so. If you don't pull the 200 amps for long, you likely don't need the fan. I have the 250 amp versions in 12 and 24 volts, and you don't need the fan if your normal load is 100 amps. Just a suggestion, mine are without the fan, and my max is 140 to 150 amps, and there is no problem without the fan.
Hell Just John.
I appreciate the feedback. A member was selling one on here. SO, I honestly bought it. ? Hoping I don't pull close to that Ah, maybe the fan won't come one and last me a little while.

My question is:
Can I go with a smaller BMS although the inverters input is 12V 200A?

Thank you.

Hell Just John.
I appreciate the feedback. A member was selling one on here. SO, I honestly bought it. ? Hoping I don't pull close to that Ah, maybe the fan won't come one and last me a little while.

My question is:
Can I go with a smaller BMS although the inverters input is 12V 200A?

Thank you.
Always "Chinese size" the BMS. I bought the 250 for a maximum load of 150. The manufacturer always seems to be an optimist when it comes to specifications. That said, Overkill (JBD) says 120 amps and is obviously correct. Daly is a brand that the phrase "trust but verify" was appropriate. It really depends on what you will try and get the inverter to run.

Always "Chinese size" the BMS. I bought the 250 for a maximum load of 150. The manufacturer always seems to be an optimist when it comes to specifications. That said, Overkill (JBD) says 120 amps and is obviously correct. Daly is a brand that the phrase "trust but verify" was appropriate. It really depends on what you will try and get the inverter to run.
Super clear now.
I appreciate. It.

Super clear now.
I appreciate. It.
I should have been more clear. If your inverter says it will pull a maximum of 200 amps, that doesn't mean it will pull 200 amps unless you put a maximum load on it. I aim for 140 amps maximum draw, because the cell manufacturer recommends a .5C discharge rate (for my cells). They are capable of 280 amps, but would only last an hour drawing at that rate.

Back