Lishen 270ah-272ah cell group buy.

Michael B Caro

Photon Sorcerer
Ok, this will be a longish post but I want to lay some foundation before taking orders on these cells.

Eve 280ah cells appear to only be available at this point from suppliers that want a premium price for them

From everything I can find, Lishen is extremely popular in China but has yet to get much traction in the US.

These cells are called 272ah cells by the manufacturer, but the suppliers are saying they routinely test at 285ah and higher. Some of the suppliers are even selling them as 280ah cells.

I bought 4 of them and sent them to Craig for testing. The first two have tested out at 274.9ah, and 276.2ah.

So, at this point, I feel safe/comfortable calling them 270ah-272ah and selling them as such. So please do not expect them to test out at 280ah to 285ah for you, even if some suppliers are saying they will/should. If they do test that high for you, so much the better.

I can also get 280ah ETC cells at a good price, but I think they Lishen are a better buy at the price point they are.

These will come with double bus bars and screws, as well as each cell labeled with it's voltage and resistance....just as the Eve cells have been that I have sold.

Please ask for quotes by sending starting a "discussion" so that it is easier for me to keep track of everyone, and indicate if you want Lishen, ETC, or if you want me to give you the best deal I can find at the time on EVE cells if you are still firm in wanting to stick with those.

1605275383092.png

Attachments

• Lishen 272ah battery date sheet (1).pdf
    207.9 KB · Views: 498
Last edited:

jvbutter01

Solar Enthusiast
Hey Michael, are you trying to attach the spec sheet... we cant download from your C:\ drive... ( check your link) LOL

thanks for all your effort to hook up members with great pricing on good cells.

Craig

Watts are Watts!
Staff member
The third cell I tested came in at 281.2 AH . @Michael B Caro and I discussed why we thought that I was not getting the readings that the suppliers claim of greater than 280 AH and I at first chalked it up to differences in equipment. But when the third one came on much Higher I started scratching my head. Now I am thinking it may be a temperature issue. My test bench is in a non climate controlled workshop and the average temperature was below 50 F on the first two cells and above 50 F on the second two cells. I didnt think about this much as its usually fairly consistent around here. I will move cells into a heated room and try and test them at a constant 60 degrees to see if it makes a difference or not. This will take a few days though as each test takes around 14 hours. So I'm only testing 1 per day .

Regardless of how the tests work out the cells all seem to be just fine and I can not tell a physical difference from the EVE cells so for the price I would not hesitate to buy them.

Phoebus

I will move cells into a heated room and try and test them at a constant 60 degrees to see if it makes a difference or not.
According to the Lishen testing method they are doing there test at 25+-2C , 74F to 80F this is a big step up in temp from 50F . That could mean we could believed that they reach 285ah.

Craig

Watts are Watts!
Staff member
According to the Lishen testing method they are doing there test at 25+-2C , 74F to 80F this is a big step up in temp from 50F . That could mean we could believed that they reach 285ah.
Yes this is the first thing they always claim but how many of us use our cells well below that. Most of us need max storage in winter not summer. So while they probably do get those results I would rather test in a more natural environment. That being said I do think it is most important to test all cells in same matter that is why I will be retesting in a more controlled environment

Michael B Caro

Photon Sorcerer
Group by to multiple countries or single country?
I can have them shipped almost anywhere. Shipping methods may be restricted to some places though. Some countries we can only ship by Air, some we can only ship to a port and you have to pick them up there, etc etc. Just give me the country, number(s) of cells you are interested in, and a postal code, and I can get you the information you need to make a decision.

picklz

Sent a message and got a quote back, thank you! Working on finalizing plans before I decide if/what to order.

Quick question, what size lugs do the terminals accept? I read through the posted doc and didn't see that (or missed it).

Stepandwolf

Solar Addict
Sent a message and got a quote back, thank you! Working on finalizing plans before I decide if/what to order.

Quick question, what size lugs do the terminals accept? I read through the posted doc and didn't see that (or missed it).
If I am not mistaken, the bolts are M6 and most lugs would be 7mm. M6= 1/4"

Michael B Caro

Photon Sorcerer
Yes, they are M6. I have been asked about length and thread count. So I inquired with my supplier and they are asking the manufacturer for specifics on that but I have not received the answer as yet