Lishen 270ah-272ah cell group buy.

Michael B Caro

Solar Addict
As one of the folks that had an order on the boat not going through Michael (placed before I even realized the group buy was a thing), I only found out as well when I asked myself and that's when they checked with their forwarder and gave me the bad news. Michael's transparency in this process actually helps everyone here and I appreciate him for all he is doing. If and when I decide I need more cells I'm certain I'll be going through him next time.
Someone that bought through me actually asked about the One Apus a while back and when I checked with the supplier of his cells they said they had no way to know if I had any goods on the Apus One......Then many days later they sent me the message I posted.
I am not real thrilled with some of the answers I get from my suppliers. I can not imagine that they can not contact the forwarder they use and find out from him what ship the cells were put on.
Knowing sooner would not change the fact that there is a problem for some of my guys, but it would have given us a head start on figuring out a way to meet the needs of the ones involved that really can not wait for the additional time period. Lord knows the wait is plenty long enough without tacking on this extra number of weeks.
I am really pressing the suppliers I use on the issue and also looking at lining up ONE supplier for all orders I place to go through instead of the current situation in which each supplier uses the forwarder(s) that they choose. Perhaps having my own forwarder would get me better communications regarding what ship(s) the orders go out on and possible a better shipping cost as well.

Finding a shipping forwarder that I can trust and will give me the service I want is a hard, or harder, than it was finding suppliers I felt I could trust.

tabs_xyz

I received feedback on my self made order of lishen the ship is waiting at the port since 12/22/2020/ my order of Lishen cells are waiting at the Long Beach, California port - an unloading backlog through customs for import ships. so it is possible to get ship tracking from the seller. I will let you know when I receive them at my farm or FedEx starts sending me notices. I ordered these myself on November 18th, 2020. lots of patience is required.
I got similar feedback from Emily Peng at Basen when I asked for a status of the pile of Lishen batteries I purchased. She replied that my batteries were safe at Long Beach and she posted a couple of screenshots of the itinerary, which I covered the tracking numbers. Looks like she pasted over some English translation to help me understand the information....So If I read this correctly, they are sitting at Long Beach.

Attachments

• Cap1.PNG
    Cap1.PNG
    235.6 KB · Views: 43
  • Cap2.PNG
    Cap2.PNG
    293 KB · Views: 42

Off Grid Thad

Pound to fit, paint to match.
So If I read this correctly, they are sitting at Long Beach.
Have you received them yet?
My UPS label was created on the 7th of December. No movement on them yet. Hopefully by the end of the month. I have to run the generator twice a day now.

michael d

Solar Enthusiast
Have you received them yet?
My UPS label was created on the 7th of December. No movement on them yet. Hopefully by the end of the month. I have to run the generator twice a day now.
I have not received them yet. But I know that FedEx has them in their possession and they are no longer on the ship. I expect to get mine in about 3 to 5 days. That was the time frame on the 1st 32 cells I already received. FedEx is more dependable than ups. But we have no control who the vendor contracts the final leg. FedEx delivered in a small truck and placed them right next to my door. UPS might leave them outside anywhere. I received notice on Sunday of the 8 boxes with a 390 pound weight.approximstely as I am on the cell phone now so can't see that email at this moment.good luck. Generator noise and expense sucks.

Off Grid Thad

Generator noise and expense sucks.
It is not so much the sucky noise part, it's having to go out and shut the darn thing off after taking a shower because the lead acid waste pile can't run the pump for more than 1 minuet without going to 11.8.
Nice and cozy warm after a hot shower on a crappy wet evening.. Then have to bundle up and go to shed to shut it off because it is just wasting fuel.
Triple thanks to Michael B Caro for helping me get on the "just say no to lead" path.
It almost seems like being tempted by the dark side.. "Feel the power"

Michael B Caro

Solar Addict
It is not so much the sucky noise part, it's having to go out and shut the darn thing off after taking a shower because the lead acid waste pile can't runt the pump for more than 1 minuet without going to 11.8.
Nice and cozy warm after a hot shower on a crappy wet evening.. Then have to bundle up and go to shed to shut it off because it is just wasting fuel.
Triple thanks to Michael B Caro for helping me get on the "just say no to lead" path.
It almost seems like being tempted by the dark side.. "Feel the power"
Just wish timing had been better so you could have avoided this time period with all of the delays out there. I had some ship on 12-4 and I will try to remember to let you know when my tracking number goes active so that you can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Off Grid Thad

I learned loooooong ago not to be mired in the "Paralysis of Analysis" spiral of doom .. If I bought 2 weeks earlier they might be on the bottom of the Pacific Ocean,, 2 weeks later held up by Chinese New Year. 4 weeks earlier, not knowing of group buy, I could have very well chosen one of the absolute crap sellers and received a batch of crap cells for 30% more than you negotiated for me.
Or not.
If I had bought that lottery ticket last June I could be sitting on an Island tin the Azores wondering if I should have salad with, or before dinner.

Michael B Caro

Solar Addict
I learned loooooong ago not to be mired in the "Paralysis of Analysis" spiral of doom .. If I bought 2 weeks earlier they might be on the bottom of the Pacific Ocean,, 2 weeks later held up by Chinese New Year. 4 weeks earlier, not knowing of group buy, I could have very well chosen one of the absolute crap sellers and received a batch of crap cells for 30% more than you negotiated for me.
Or not.
If I had bought that lottery ticket last June I could be sitting on an Island tin the Azores wondering if I should have salad with, or before dinner.
Azores? Nah. Make if Fiji. Practically heaven on earth out the outer islands.

michael d

Solar Enthusiast
I have not received them yet. But I know that FedEx has them in their possession and they are no longer on the ship. I expect to get mine in about 3 to 5 days. That was the time frame on the 1st 32 cells I already received. FedEx is more dependable than ups. But we have no control who the vendor contracts the final leg. FedEx delivered in a small truck and placed them right next to my door. UPS might leave them outside anywhere. I received notice on Sunday of the 8 boxes with a 390 pound weight.approximstely as I am on the cell phone now so can't see that email at this moment.good luck. Generator noise and expense sucks.
update for you: FedEx says my order of Lishen 32 cells will be delivered by end of the day on 1/14/2021. so once FedEx gives notice of their possession, it is 5 days later for me to receive them. I ordered on November 18th -- with now January 14th delivery date thru 3 federal holidays -- this shipment will take 57 days total to my door in South Dakota from China. via boat ride etc. patience is key but stressful with big-ticket orders. :cool: the vendor knows where they are. my vendor on this order got his information and ship tracking from his forwarder. so it is possible to get ship tracking and I believe the seller is not going to risk losing 3000 to 6000 dollar orders at their expense. pay by credit card then you have full recourse against Alibaba and their vendors to get your money back if they do not deliver.