Lishen 270ah-272ah cell group buy.

Michael B Caro

Photon Sorcerer
@Michael B Caro In your opinion, is Lishen still the best cell you see out there and those with orders should stay on the list, time permitting? Or is there something else that is as good or better that is actually shipping?
I Don't think I ever said it was the "best" cell out there, but it has been the best value for a long time. Will probably still be the best value in grade A cells with intact bar codes even at the new price when Lishen starts shipping again.

CATL 271ah from EV packs that are perfect
Eve 280ah from EV packs that are perfect and testing 276ah to 286ah
CATL 302ah from EV packs with some slight swelling.... mostly just from separating them from the pack, VERY strong glue used to make them

Ganfeng 277ah true Grade A, with intact bar code, that test 285ah to 290ah, all from the same batch manufactured 5-30-21. Factory test report available of a random sampling of the batch

Keheng 280ah True Grade A+, matched and batched at the factory in groups of 16 cells. Test 286ah to 290ah. Come with factory test report of the exact cells shipped to you. These I order straight from the factory. No middle man. Limited number of them per month.

Keheng 300ah...same as the 280ah above except an even more limited supply.

Lots of other smaller cells out there, and some other large ones that just cost too much, in my opinion.

In the process of typing up prices on these to put on the web page, along with prices for drop in ready batteries. Hopefully those will all be on there in a couple of days. We will see how that works out with as volatile as the cell prices and shipping rates are.

All of these are actually shipping and I have sent out a TON of tracking numbers the past couple of weeks or so. 10 more just today.

I have several hundred cells on the way to me to be sold and then reshipped from Michigan for those that do not want to mess with waiting.

Also have a DIY kit in the works that will include everything needed to build a battery. Kind of like a Seplos kit... not as fancy, but no plastic parts to break either, so it should make a more longer lasting battery I think.

Lishen I will know more on Monday night or Tuesday morning. A plan B in place to try to erase this backorder crap, but not at liberty to post in public what the deal is.....having to pay a premium to gitter done. I will lose money on many of the old orders (almost all of those where the buyer has a locked in price) due to the premium we are having to pay, the fact that shipping rates went up 2-3 times already, and are going up again in just a few days. But, it will be worth it to put this thing in the rear view mirror. Lishen supplier will be absorbing some of the loss but it will still hurt. Not complaining, just stating facts.

Chins drop in ready batteries are selling well. I am an authorized agent for them and they ship from a Warehouse in CA with full manufacturer warranty.

Big Boss Battery batteries are in stock but mostly for pick up in Michigan...not sure yet what shipping those is going to add to the price, but the introductory pricing on them is killer. There are only 100 of them, 12v 50ah and 12v 100ah for parallel connection only...no series connections on these. Will be evaluating them and making changes as needed.

Michael B Caro

Photon Sorcerer
The guy that had the CATL 310a cells in the US that I moved for him has Lishen 202ah cells in the US now too. They were manufactured before the Chinese New Year and shipped to a large distributor, and this supplier got them from the distributor and sent them to his US warehouse. So they are not the freshest cells in the world but should be ok.
The 310ah cells worked out well for most of the people that got in on those, but one guy did get some that did not test as well as they should. I had to really work on the supplier to get him to agree to replace them....which he said he would do but it has not happened yet. He will also be making the buyer pay for return shipping on them to CA which I am not thrilled with.

So that is the deal, and a little about the supplier. The CATL 310ah were $165.00, and these Lishen 202ah will be $145.00 if anyone is in that much of a hurry. But be aware that the supplier is saying + or - 5% is acceptable capacity testing.

Stepandwolf

Solar Addict
:oops: Yikes.....as you guy know, I have been top balancing my batteries. I knew they were nearing full so I check on them a bit ago. The PS showed it has gone from CA to CV and it said 3.64V, but I had set it at 3.56V as that was what my meter showed was 3.65V. So, I powered off the PS and checked the voltage on the bats. 3.73V....????? Have I ruined the bats? Should I find a way to discharge them down to 3.65? Is any damage already done or is more harm coming sitting at 3.73V?

Groscout

Solar Enthusiast
:oops: Yikes.....as you guy know, I have been top balancing my batteries. I knew they were nearing full so I check on them a bit ago. The PS showed it has gone from CA to CV and it said 3.64V, but I had set it at 3.56V as that was what my meter showed was 3.65V. So, I powered off the PS and checked the voltage on the bats. 3.73V....????? Have I ruined the bats? Should I find a way to discharge them down to 3.65? Is any damage already done or is more harm coming sitting at 3.73V?
If this happened to me i would start with using my inverter charging resister to start discharging immediately. If that wasn't fast enough I'd consider things like DC light bulbs or a small DC fan if it would turn at 3.73-3.65v.

Stepandwolf

Solar Addict
If this happened to me i would start with using my inverter charging resister to start discharging immediately. If that wasn't fast enough I'd consider things like DC light bulbs or a small DC fan if it would turn at 3.73-3.65v.
Thanks, but I don't have an inverter charging resistor. Hadn't planned on one after watching Will let one spark :) Only DC lights I have are in my car or flashlight. Don't think I have a DC fan other than in my roof vents. Been scratching my head what I have that uses DC I could connect to the bats. All I could think of is another BAT. I have some small and large bats...one is car sized, the other is scooter sized. They would both be 12V, but at a lower current that the bank. Could I build the cells into a 12v bank and then attack to a 12V battery? Kind of like jumping a car :)

Groscout

Solar Enthusiast
Thanks, but I don't have an inverter charging resistor. Hadn't planned on one after watching Will let one spark :) Only DC lights I have are in my car or flashlight. Don't think I have a DC fan other than in my roof vents. Been scratching my head what I have that uses DC I could connect to the bats. All I could think of is another BAT. I have some small and large bats...one is car sized, the other is scooter sized. They would both be 12V, but at a lower current that the bank. Could I build the cells into a 12v bank and then attack to a 12V battery? Kind of like jumping a car :)
I think that @Pyrofx is going to be right but if you really wanted to or they don't settle you could series them for 12v and buy a dc car fan or a few dc lights at your locale auto parts store.

Horsefly

Photon Sorcerer
I'm really confused how these power supplies go crazy like this. I've got four benchtop power supplies: 3 pretty cheap ones and one mid-range. I've not seen this happen. I was thinking though - I almost always have at least two of the four supplies in parallel for any charging I'm doing. I wonder if that helps. :unsure: At least you are following my mantra: Set the voltage of the supply based only on a good multimeter, ignoring the PS display.

I do agree that taking the cells one time to 3.73V will probably not do any real harm long-term, and they may well settle well below 3.65V. You do need to find a solution for the PS before your next charge though.

Sanwizard

Photon Sorcerer
I would not sweat it so much. I had the same thing happen to me when I was charging 4 at a time to 3.6v, (14.4) with a cheap crappy BMS. I caught it with my Battgo monitor. The volts on one cell was 3.74. I shut it all down, and put them back in parallel, and that brought the top one down to the others very fast.
ALWAYS monitor closely when top balancing by charging 4 at a time to 14.4. If you were already in parallel, then tou may have a bad power supply.

pigpen4x4

Solar Enthusiast
Pardon me if i has already been said, (only searched for a minuet or so) What kind of power supply and meter are you using?
I ask because I am getting ready to buy a ps

To dump the extra voltage quickly, set up 4 in series and connect them to your car battery. Turn on the headlights for 15 minuets or so and that should pull them down.
Just a thought...

Gazoo

Dumb Dumb
It's very important to set the voltage of the PS before connecting it to the cells. If you did then there is a problem with your PS. I agree with the others that 3.73 didn't do any noticable damage. But it's good you caught it when you did.

Stepandwolf

Solar Addict
I did set the voltage before starting. There is a chance I caused this. Prior to this happening, I noticed the PS has gone into CV mode, but the voltage wasn't what I thought it would be, so I might have touched the setting. The PS went back into CA mode. I didn't remember this at the time I reported the problem, but in retrospect, I could have shot myself in the foot.

As an aside, about 24 hours later, the voltages have come down to 3.69 with no intervention.

While writing this, I thought I would check some muffin fans I had. They were all 12V and one was .49A, so I set some bats at 12V and hooked up the fan. Took only 10 min to draw the bank to 14.55.

Thanks guys!

I'm really confused how these power supplies go crazy like this. I've got four benchtop power supplies: 3 pretty cheap ones and one mid-range. I've not seen this happen. I was thinking though - I almost always have at least two of the four supplies in parallel for any charging I'm doing. I wonder if that helps. :unsure: At least you are following my mantra: Set the voltage of the supply based only on a good multimeter, ignoring the PS display.

I do agree that taking the cells one time to 3.73V will probably not do any real harm long-term, and they may well settle well below 3.65V. You do need to find a solution for the PS before your next charge though.

TWNomadin

Solar Enthusiast
I Don't think I ever said it was the "best" cell out there, but it has been the best value for a long time. Will probably still be the best value in grade A cells with intact bar codes even at the new price when Lishen starts shipping again.

CATL 271ah from EV packs that are perfect
Eve 280ah from EV packs that are perfect and testing 276ah to 286ah
CATL 302ah from EV packs with some slight swelling.... mostly just from separating them from the pack, VERY strong glue used to make them

Ganfeng 277ah true Grade A, with intact bar code, that test 285ah to 290ah, all from the same batch manufactured 5-30-21. Factory test report available of a random sampling of the batch

Keheng 280ah True Grade A+, matched and batched at the factory in groups of 16 cells. Test 286ah to 290ah. Come with factory test report of the exact cells shipped to you. These I order straight from the factory. No middle man. Limited number of them per month.

Keheng 300ah...same as the 280ah above except an even more limited supply.

Lots of other smaller cells out there, and some other large ones that just cost too much, in my opinion.

In the process of typing up prices on these to put on the web page, along with prices for drop in ready batteries. Hopefully those will all be on there in a couple of days. We will see how that works out with as volatile as the cell prices and shipping rates are.

All of these are actually shipping and I have sent out a TON of tracking numbers the past couple of weeks or so. 10 more just today.

I have several hundred cells on the way to me to be sold and then reshipped from Michigan for those that do not want to mess with waiting.

Also have a DIY kit in the works that will include everything needed to build a battery. Kind of like a Seplos kit... not as fancy, but no plastic parts to break either, so it should make a more longer lasting battery I think.

Lishen I will know more on Monday night or Tuesday morning. A plan B in place to try to erase this backorder crap, but not at liberty to post in public what the deal is.....having to pay a premium to gitter done. I will lose money on many of the old orders (almost all of those where the buyer has a locked in price) due to the premium we are having to pay, the fact that shipping rates went up 2-3 times already, and are going up again in just a few days. But, it will be worth it to put this thing in the rear view mirror. Lishen supplier will be absorbing some of the loss but it will still hurt. Not complaining, just stating facts.

Chins drop in ready batteries are selling well. I am an authorized agent for them and they ship from a Warehouse in CA with full manufacturer warranty.

Big Boss Battery batteries are in stock but mostly for pick up in Michigan...not sure yet what shipping those is going to add to the price, but the introductory pricing on them is killer. There are only 100 of them, 12v 50ah and 12v 100ah for parallel connection only...no series connections on these. Will be evaluating them and making changes as needed.
Thank you for the detailed layout of battery sizes and types that are moving and available, Michael. By "best" I meant best bang for the buck. I am in no hurry for the cells yet, so I will be staying on that Lishen order list. I am really curious as to what your Plan B looks like when you get it sorted. Hoping it still includes the optional features offered with the original cells (matched capacity, welded studs).

I really appreciate all the effort and time you put into keeping us guys happy.

Jrmy

I'm at 84 days (shipping to France), and still no tracking information... I'm desperate. 144 days since I place my order.
04/03/2021 : I ordered 34 Lishen 272Ah
22/04/2021 : switch to 68 Lishen 150Ah
03/05/2021 : got tracking number... and long waiting since then...

Rich585

Solar Enthusiast
I am only at 39 days since getting a tracking number which has UPS still waiting for package. I have a while to wait yet.

They must be on a ship somewhere in Pacific Ocean waiting to get into a port.

I guess I am back to BBQ 🍗 to get my mind off waiting.

corporate.joe

Solar Addict
Tracking label created June 19th, no movement yet. Imagine the boat hasn't it made it to West Coast port quite yet. Anyone else have a label the same age showing movement in the US?