Lishen 270ah-272ah cell group buy.

Horsefly

Photon Sorcerer
Tracking label created June 19th, no movement yet. Imagine the boat hasn't it made it to West Coast port quite yet. Anyone else have a label the same age showing movement in the US?
I got my tracking numbers from Michael on 11-June (Fedex says the number was assigned on 9-Jun), and I see no movement yet.

ScottWCO

Solar Enthusiast
While we all wait on cells (I don't even have a tracking number, *cry*) - I'm curious what sorts of enclosures you folks plan on using for the stereotypical 4S prismatic cell bank? Right now I plan on building my own out of birch and metal rods, but if there's a more elegant (and affordable) solution out there, I'd like to see options.

Stepandwolf

Solar Addict
While we all wait on cells (I don't even have a tracking number, *cry*) - I'm curious what sorts of enclosures you folks plan on using for the stereotypical 4S prismatic cell bank? Right now I plan on building my own out of birch and metal rods, but if there's a more elegant (and affordable) solution out there, I'd like to see options.
That is my intent too...I am building an 8S Lishen bank that will be installed under the bed in my TT. I have removed the trailer hitch FLA batteries and moved the wiring into the under-bed space. Regarding cell compression...most compression examples I have seen only compress two of the six sides of the battery. Some methods compress 4 sides, none compress all 6 sides.

Roswell Bob

Solar Addict
I order in March 11. Nothing yet. My Die Hards are giving up. Hope to have them here soon as my generator has been running more than I want it to. Not a big problem tho at this point.

Leon

Solar Enthusiast
I've just run the first test on my 150Ah Lishen cells. My battery is 3P8S, so 450Ah nominal. I achieved 460Ah. Some caveats are that this test was run at only 59-62A, so about 0.13C. Measurements were taken by the Electrodacus SBMS0, but using a cheap shunt from Aliexpress. I verified the current readout with two other meters, and all agreed within about 1.5%, so that seems close enough for me. The SBMS0 is set with HVD at 3.55V/cell and LVD 2.8V/cell - I understand these are pretty conservative numbers which would slightly limit capacity. Perhaps the limited voltage range offsets the low C rate in terms of capacity yield?

So, first test, about 102% of nominal capacity. That's decent, right? Thanks @Michael B Caro !

Michael B Caro

Photon Sorcerer
My main supplier says he has been able to close a deal on a large number of 150ah, 202ah, and 272ah Lishen cells.
His company has paid for them and they are supposed to be in his warehouse in about 5 days.

Start crossing fingers and sacrificing chickens or goats that this is finally the beginning of the end of this debacle.

Stepandwolf

Solar Addict
My main supplier says he has been able to close a deal on a large number of 150ah, 202ah, and 272ah Lishen cells.
His company has paid for them and they are supposed to be in his warehouse in about 5 days.

Start crossing fingers and sacrificing chickens or goats that this is finally the beginning of the end of this debacle.
Glad to hear you were able to get the allotment you hoped for. Given current trends, what would the time be from placing order to receiving the bats mid-continent? I hear people say they have 60-day old tracking numbers which I assume means it was 60-days from shipping without having domestic tracking yet? Would be nice if we knew:
1. Time from order placement with you until shipment
2. time from shipped to being shipboard
3. time for shipment from China to Long Beach
4. time spent in long beach waiting for unloading and customs
5. guessing clearing customs to carrier delivering is a week?

Thanks

Sanwizard

Photon Sorcerer

I think I can wait 5 days!

Diysolar123

Solar Addict
Glad to hear you were able to get the allotment you hoped for. Given current trends, what would the time be from placing order to receiving the bats mid-continent? I hear people say they have 60-day old tracking numbers which I assume means it was 60-days from shipping without having domestic tracking yet? Would be nice if we knew:

Thanks
well, they ship when they ship, and, they arrive when they arrive ;)
sadly all the interim data is just for entertainment purposes as it in no way indicates when it may move to the next step(e.g., it made it across the ocean in just 3 weeks woohoo...oh wait it took 3 weeks to just get unloaded at port).
And yes I am in the order queue for 272 lishen's as well hehe

I think Amazon/fedex has really spoiled us all with next day shipping and knowing exactly where our package is every hour of the day.

snwbrdr852

Solar Enthusiast

Any idea whether that "large number" would be enough to cover all outstanding orders?

Stepandwolf

Solar Addict
well, they ship when they ship, and, they arrive when they arrive ;)
sadly all the interim data is just for entertainment purposes as it in no way indicates when it may move to the next step(e.g., it made it across the ocean in just 3 weeks woohoo...oh wait it took 3 weeks to just get unloaded at port).
And yes I am in the order queue for 272 lishen's as well hehe

I think Amazon/fedex has really spoiled us all with next day shipping and knowing exactly where our package is every hour of the day.
Amazon promised 2-day delivery....can't remember the last time something arrived in 2-days....sometimes not shipped for 2 or more days.

I already purchased a set from Michael, so I understand the process. The last time, ordered 11/21, tracking 12/15, arrived 1/21. Don't know if they are orders through Michael, but people are saying it has been 60 days since getting tracking. Was just hoping to get a current approximation, thats all. I haven't ordered yet so I am behind all of the rest of you. Cheers!

Michael B Caro

Photon Sorcerer

Thanks
None of the time frame can really be predicted accurately. Best guess is all that I can do based on what typically happens....lots of exceptions though.

The suppliers nearly all say this will be 7-12 or 14 days. I have one supplier that is currently getting me tracking numbers in as little as 5 days. Others are taking a lot longer than that. With these Lishen cells, there are a LOT of backorders and so I would not expect all of them to be processed in 14 days. Hopefully, he surprises me.

Typically, 24-36 hours at most. However, I recently had some orders where this was more like 2-3 weeks because the shipper did not have any empty containers available. That is not common, but it can happen.

This one is all over the board. I have seen them make that trip in 4.5 weeks, and I have seen it take more like 6 months or so (remember the One Apus?). In the case of the 6 month thing I did my best to ship replacement cells to those that could not wait at my own expense and then resell the original cells when they finally got to the US. I do all I can for each and every one of you when there is a problem.
I have had some other shipments where the ship was diverted due to a storm at sea and one of them had to make port in Mexico (I think it was Mexico) to restack containers. So if something like that happens, you can tack on another handful of weeks to the 4.5.

Again, huge variations here. If all goes well, maybe a week or ten days? But there have been times when the port was so congested that ships were waiting off shore for weeks before being able to unload. There have been times when shipments took FOREVER to clear customs when they were short handed due to Covid.

A week to ten days is probably a good guess for what it typically takes. But, I have had shipments sit in the warehouse at the port waiting for FedEx to pick them up for 2 weeks or more. In the case of my first order of Big Boss Batteries, they cleared customs but then were never loaded on a truck until more than 3 weeks later and still had to go from CA to Michigan.

So, When things have gone really well I have had orders delivered in 6 weeks. As far as I know, most of the orders being delivered just lately have been in transit, after the issuance of the tracking number, for somewhere around 54 days.

So, for the most part, you pays your money and you take your chances when it comes to time frames. There will be winners and losers and there is just nothing anyone can do about that.

I have invested a large amount of money now in having cells shipped to me to be sold and reshipped after reaching Michigan. So at some point, guys will have the option of cheaper and slow or fast but a lot more expensive.

Again, if someone has a real dire need, I do everything I can to solve their problem. From what I did with the One Apus orders, to canceling an order and applying the money to the purchase of some Chins drop in ready batteries at a rock bottom price for a guy that got bad news about his health, and wanted to get started seeing American in his RV before he was physically unable to do that anymore. I have had guys that ordered more cells than they ended up needing, or decided to go a completely different way after receiving their cells and I contacted guys waiting for cells to ship that were in real dire straights, putting them in touch with the guys that had extra cells, and then refunding money so that they could be from the guy that had cells here in the US so that they did not have to wait. I made nothing on those transactions.

So, whatever happens, remember I am not the enemy here. Yes, I am trying to make a couple bucks for all the time I put into this. But, a huge part of what I do is to try to do what is best for you guys, even if it cuts into making money. I will repeat that with these Lishen cells, there are a significant number of orders that I am going to lose money on due to the increased cell costs and shipping costs since I gave the quote and collected the money.

Sanwizard

Photon Sorcerer
Thanks Michael for the update. Hopefully the logistics mess for almost everything these days will get worked out. If we actually made things in the US, it would be simpler I think.

snwbrdr852

Solar Enthusiast
I just want to state for the record (and I hope that most, if not all, of the Lishen crowd would agree) that while I am eager to get my cells, I am NOT so eager that the supplier needs to be pressured into a rush that would diminish their quality control on stud welding, packing, etc.

In fact, my personal preference would be to have the supplier specifically told to prioritize quality control over just getting the orders out the door.