Lishen 270ah-272ah cell group buy.

Michael B Caro

Photon Sorcerer
I just want to state for the record (and I hope that most, if not all, of the Lishen crowd would agree) that while I am eager to get my cells, I am NOT so eager that the supplier needs to be pressured into a rush that would diminish their quality control on stud welding, packing, etc.

In fact, my personal preference would be to have the supplier specifically told to prioritize quality control over just getting the orders out the door.
I will certainly make it clear to him that nothing should be shipped that is not up to the standards I expect.......ran into problems with that when they were trying to get out last minute orders before the Chinese New Year started.

dustonlarsen

Solar Enthusiast
I will post as soon as the cells are in his warehouse.
I ordered my Overkills!!! Now I wait for those.
I just want to state for the record (and I hope that most, if not all, of the Lishen crowd would agree) that while I am eager to get my cells, I am NOT so eager that the supplier needs to be pressured into a rush that would diminish their quality control on stud welding, packing, etc.

In fact, my personal preference would be to have the supplier specifically told to prioritize quality control over just getting the orders out the do
I agree after waiting this long I'd prefer perfection arrive in time rather than corners cut for quickness
Time relative at this point in our waiting adventure 😊 I just ordered my back ordered Overkill’s so…..

Sky-HHI

On Hilton Head Island in South Carolina
7-30-2021, I know this is a little off topic but the waiting game is through out the world. I ordered a Tesla model Y yesterday and the delivery date is in November. Teslas are built in the USA by Americans with batteries built here. This just shows that battery products are in high demand and supplies are limited here and around the world. I received my Lishen cell back in January after two months of waiting and now people are waiting much longer. I am going to love charging my Tesla with my off grid solar generator, no longer giving my money to the oil companies. Patience my friends.

TWNomadin

Solar Enthusiast
7-30-2021, I know this is a little off topic but the waiting game is through out the world. I ordered a Tesla model Y yesterday and the delivery date is in November. Teslas are built in the USA by Americans with batteries built here. This just shows that battery products are in high demand and supplies are limited here and around the world. I received my Lishen cell back in January after two months of waiting and now people are waiting much longer. I am going to love charging my Tesla with my off grid solar generator, no longer giving my money to the oil companies. Patience my friends.
While Tesla has been playing with their pilot plant for making their own batteries, they still are using the current Panasonic 4680 cells not made in the USA to build their packs. So they sit pretty much in the same boat as we do. Well maybe not, as I am sure they have a stock pile of these cells just waiting on car & power wall orders. Unless that is what you meant by "supplies". :) But patience is very much the key. *sits waiting on the sacrificed chicken* dinner ;)

iqyax

While Tesla has been playing with their pilot plant for making their own batteries, they still are using the current Panasonic 4680 cells not made in the USA to build their packs. So they sit pretty much in the same boat as we do. Well maybe not, as I am sure they have a stock pile of these cells just waiting on car & power wall orders. Unless that is what you meant by "supplies". :) But patience is very much the key. *sits waiting on the sacrificed chicken* dinner ;)
Actually Panasonic is working side by side with Tesla in Gigafactory 1 in Reno, Nevada. In fact they have been undergoing a major expansion of production capacity earlier this year (which may still be continuing) at this location.

I don’t think Panasonic is making the 4680’s currently as Tesla is still developing the manufacturing process. Panasonic is making either the 2170’s or the 18650’s (or both), but in the future will be producing the 4680’s for Tesla.

Sanwizard

Photon Sorcerer
Actually Panasonic is working side by side with Tesla in Gigafactory 1 in Reno, Nevada. In fact they have been undergoing a major expansion of production capacity earlier this year (which may still be continuing) at this location.

I don’t think Panasonic is making the 4680’s currently as Tesla is still developing the manufacturing process. Panasonic is making either the 2170’s or the 18650’s (or both), but in the future will be producing the 4680’s for Tesla.
Although this should be a seperate thread, from what I heard, Tesla recently signed a deal with CATL in China for their batteries. At least thats the rumor.

iqyax

Although this should be a seperate thread, from what I heard, Tesla recently signed a deal with CATL in China for their batteries. At least thats the rumor.
Yep, I think you are correct. There was also a rumor a while back (which has since been denied), that Tesla was partnering with Lishen for battery cells.

Tesla needs to get their hands on as many batteries cells as they can, as batteries are the principle limiting factor for Tesla’s future growth. As such, they are also partnered with LG Chem.

Imagine how much longer we would be waiting if the Tesla-Lishen rumor had been true! 😂

Last edited:

NMNeil

Solar Addict
More than a rumor.

Lookaflyingdonkey

Solar Enthusiast
Just finished doing first capacity test on a 16s pack with the 150ah cells.
Came in at 161.089ah before the BMS cutoff for cell low voltage (2.50v), pack voltage at that point was 44.9v

Can see by the attached BMS screenshot that the cell voltages have risen a bit and are a bit out of balance at the low state of charge. Once installed will limit to 20-80% SOC range.

Just top balancing the second pack and will run them through a capacity test too, but overall very happy with the cells so far!

Attachments

• 23A70489-C3EA-490F-B68D-DF1A3FAA3A02.png
    23A70489-C3EA-490F-B68D-DF1A3FAA3A02.png
    709.3 KB · Views: 17

Brewman

Solar Addict
Michael, you said you were ordering cells that you would ship to costumers from your location. And time frame on when this will happen?

Michael B Caro

Photon Sorcerer
Michael, you said you were ordering cells that you would ship to costumers from your location. And time frame on when this will happen?
They are already on their way and some of them were shipped something like 30 days ago. A lot more being shipped right now. But, I know how sea shipping is and so I don't bother keeping track of them. When they get here, they get here. At this point I think I have almost 400 cells headed this way to arrive a slightly different times. Ganfeng, Keheng, CATL, and Eve. Lishen will headed this way as soon has they come in.

Sanwizard

Photon Sorcerer
They are already on their way and some of them were shipped something like 30 days ago. A lot more being shipped right now. But, I know how sea shipping is and so I don't bother keeping track of them. When they get here, they get here. At this point I think I have almost 400 cells headed this way to arrive a slightly different times. Ganfeng, Keheng, CATL, and Eve. Lishen will headed this way as soon has they come in.
I had to post this intetesting observation. Since it looks like Michael will be getting the Lishen cells very soon, I realized it was timw to order rhe BMS's for the 16s banks I will be building. So on Thursday evening, July 29th, I had a chat with Michelle Duan at Heltec, and ordered two 200amp x 2amp active balance BMS. To my amazement, they arrived this morning, August 2nd. So THREE days from China to my doorstep! It looks like its just the ships having issues.

Attachments

• 20210802_104549.jpg
    20210802_104549.jpg
    923.9 KB · Views: 45
  • 20210802_104536.jpg
    20210802_104536.jpg
    857.1 KB · Views: 45

Michael B Caro

Photon Sorcerer
I had to post this intetesting observation. Since it looks like Michael will be getting the Lishen cells very soon, I realized it was timw to order rhe BMS's for the 16s banks I will be building. So on Thursday evening, July 29th, I had a chat with Michelle Duan at Heltec, and ordered two 200amp x 2amp active balance BMS. To my amazement, they arrived this morning, August 2nd. So THREE days from China to my doorstep! It looks like its just the ships having issues.
Yes, air freight is fast, but only makes sense $ wise for smaller stuff that is not all that heavy.

dustonlarsen

Solar Enthusiast
Also Overkill is only about a week out. Just ordered 2 8s’

wargames

Solar Enthusiast

Does heltec have a 300a bms?