Lishen 270ah-272ah cell group buy.

JJJJ

Aspiring apprentice
I noted that the Overkill 8s bms still shows as on backorder on the site. Any suggestions for an alternate that might be available?

Thanks

JAS

Solar Enthusiast
I am just frustrated and it came out. I hope Michael is well and I hope he is taking time off.
For what it is worth, I've messaged Michael 3 times asking about adding to my previous order over the past two or three weeks with no response 🤷‍♂️

He's been slow to answer me in the past too, but as long as I saw him posting updates on the forum here, I didn't sweat it too much. But, he hasn't been on here for over a week now either.

But now, I'm worried if something happens to him, I may not get my order and I'll be out my money...😟 (I've not even received a tracking number since placing my order in May). I do hope he's OK and just taking a break

corporate.joe

Solar Addict
My tracking updated, my boxes have crossed the country and are now in my strange state of Florida. No delivery date but at least it updated.
FedEx tracking number for me reports my boxes in three different locations. Some still in Carson, California, some in Oklahoma, the rest in Memphis.

My FedEx automated email says all 12 boxes are in Memphis, with scheduled delivery tomorrow Friday the 13th.

I think maybe not all boxes get scanned at every stage of the journey, but get updated once they get scanned further down the line.

Good news is, at least some of my shipment is about 2 hours drive from me!

ScottWCO

Solar Enthusiast
Interesting discussion on compression:
So yeah, that’s Dan, I’m using his videos as a decent guide to building my pair of banks if/when I get the cells, but he is in no way an expert on cells/compression.

Surferdudemi

Solar Enthusiast
For what it is worth, I've messaged Michael 3 times asking about adding to my previous order over the past two or three weeks with no response 🤷‍♂️

He's been slow to answer me in the past too, but as long as I saw him posting updates on the forum here, I didn't sweat it too much. But, he hasn't been on here for over a week now either.

But now, I'm worried if something happens to him, I may not get my order and I'll be out my money...😟 (I've not even received a tracking number since placing my order in May). I do hope he's OK and just taking a break
I've noticed the same thing. Asked about some additional cells and have gotten a couple of very slow replies. In the past I got replies in minutes or hours. Hope all's well

Gazoo

Dumb Dumb
Michael was on the forum Tuesday so it's only been a few days. Maybe he hasn't posted an update in over a week but he has been on the forum.

I understand your concern but since he has his family involved I think it's very unlikely you or anyone else will be out anything. This has happened one time before when people got worried and it turned out Michael was sick...so I am hoping he is ok too.

Njord

Solar Enthusiast
He was responding to my private messages Thursday last week so I wouldn't worry about it. He'll likely show up next week.

FooBarr

Howdy, noob here who doesn't check the forums very much. I did read back a few pages but still no clue.

Does anyone have info on how the original Lishen 270ah-272ah group buy has gone? Did the original vendor fail to deliver and has most people switched to other options with M.B.C?

I ordered eight March 16, and have been letting it ride, but figured I'd check in here before PMing Michael. Thank you.

Njord

Solar Enthusiast
I dont believe any have been shipping and most have switched to a different capacity or manufacturer. Still with Michael AFAIK

Bubba1

Solar Addict
I
Howdy, noob here who doesn't check the forums very much. I did read back a few pages but still no clue.

Does anyone have info on how the original Lishen 270ah-272ah group buy has gone? Did the original vendor fail to deliver and has most people switched to other options with M.B.C?

I ordered eight March 16, and have been letting it ride, but figured I'd check in here before PMing Michael. Thank you.
I would wait a little longer before changing order. Supposedly there was some movement of those cells. Check some of Michael's previous updates. Hope he didn't get the virus. I know several people that have in the last week or so.

corporate.joe

Solar Addict
Well, I've only got a little bit of time to look at a couple and since they are not all here today, I'm in no rush. But I have opened two boxes and I must say these GFB 277ah cells were packed very well. There was absolutely no way those terminals would have made it through all the foam and then the box. The cells look great physically so far, at first glance. My only concern(you knew it was coming), are the welds or surface contact area of the terminal.

These are 6mm studs welded on the terminals and I'm curious how to approach getting the best busbar to battery terminal contact when a few of the welds are puddled more than I was expecting and not on the vertical plane like other batteries I have seen. I don't know the term, I've never welded before. I think the pics will explain my concerns.

Thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_20210813_134136077.jpg
    IMG_20210813_134136077.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_20210813_134616935.jpg
    IMG_20210813_134616935.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_20210813_134055142_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210813_134055142_HDR.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_20210813_134038179.jpg
    IMG_20210813_134038179.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 38

Stepandwolf

Solar Addict
Well, I've only got a little bit of time to look at a couple and since they are not all here today, I'm in no rush. But I have opened two boxes and I must say these GFB 277ah cells were packed very well. There was absolutely no way those terminals would have made it through all the foam and then the box. The cells look great physically so far, at first glance. My only concern(you knew it was coming), are the welds or surface contact area of the terminal.

These are 6mm studs welded on the terminals and I'm curious how to approach getting the best busbar to battery terminal contact when a few of the welds are puddled more than I was expecting and not on the vertical plane like other batteries I have seen. I don't know the term, I've never welded before. I think the pics will explain my concerns.

Thoughts?
The more I hear about the welded studs the more I don't want them. I am talking to a vendor now about EVE cells and I can choose welded studs or the typical threaded hole.

Stepandwolf

Solar Addict
My boxes are trashes, one cell has a puncture hole and electrolyte is everywhere. Let me take some pictures and figure everything out and I'll post again soon
That is a bummer....who was the seller? Did the boxes have the plastic corner guards? I would think that if the boxes were trashed by the shipper, i.e. on the ship or on the dock. After passing customs and being handed to the domestic carrier, you would think they would refused "trashed" boxes as the domestic carrier wouldn't want to accept responsibility for any damage prior to them accepting them.

corporate.joe

Solar Addict
The more I hear about the welded studs the more I don't want them. I am talking to a vendor now about EVE cells and I can choose welded studs or the typical threaded hole.
I don't see why I can't very carefully file the welds down flat. If anyone sees folly in this let me know by the end of this weekend, lol. I was going to polish/lightly sand them anyways before putting them in service.